The Photovoltaic Performance of CdS/Cu2S (QD) Co-Sensitized Solar Cell
AbstractThe performance of CdS/Cu2S co-sensitized quantum dot solar cell (QDSSCs) is studied. CdS quantum dots (QDs) were adsorbed onto TiO2 using Successive Ionic Layer Adsorption and Reaction (SILAR) method for different cycles (2, 4, 6, 8 and 10). The Cu2S QDs were deposited onto TiO2/CdS10 cycle photoanodes using the same method. The FTO counter electrodes were coated with platinum, while the electrolyte containing polysulfide redox species was sandwiched between the two electrodes. The current density- voltage (J-V) characteristic curves of the assembled QDSSCs were measured at different cycles and AM 1.5 simulated sunlight. The value of current density (Jsc) and conversion efficiency (η) of TiO2/CdS/Cu2S are 252% larger than the TiO2/CdS values. The maximum values of Jsc and η are 3.56 mA/cm2 and 1.21% respectively corresponding to CdS10/Cu2S for 6 cycles of Cu2S.
A.Badawi , N.Y. Mostafa , N.M. Al-Hosiny , A.Merazga , A.M. Albaradi , F. Abdel- Wahab and A. A. Atta. " The photovoltaic performance of Ag2 S quantum dots- sensitized solar cells using plasmonic Au nanoparticles/TiO2 working electrodes" Modern Physics Letters B, 1850172 (2018): 1-17.
S.K. Kokate, A.T. Supekar, P.K. Baviskar, B.M. Palve, S.R. Jadkar, K.C. Mohite, H.M. Pathan, "CdS sensitized pristine and Cd doped ZnO solar cells: Effect of SILAR cycles on optical properties and efficiency, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 80 (2018)p. 179-183.
P.Yu, , et al., "Nanocrystalline TiO2 Solar Cells Sensitized with InAs Quantum Dots". J. Phys. Chem. B, 110(2006) p. 25451-25454.
N.Guijarro, et al., "CdSe Quantum Dot-Sensitized TiO2 Electrodes: Effect of Quantum Dot Coverage and Mode of Attachment". J. Phys. Chem. C,. 113(2009) p. 4208-4214.
J.H.Bang and P.V. Kamat, "Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells. A Tale of Two Semiconductor Nanocrystals: CdSe and CdTe". ACS NANO, 3(2009) p. 1467–1476.
P.Sudhagar, et al., "The performance of coupled (CdS:CdSe) quantum dot-sensitized TiO2 nanofibrous solar cells". Electrochemistry Communications. 11(2009) p. 2220-2224.
K.Tvrdy , P.A. Frantsuzov, and P.V. Kamat, "Photoinduced electron transfer from semiconductor quantum dots to metal oxide nanoparticles". PNAS, 108(1)(2011) p. 29-34.
I.Barceló, T. Lana-Villarreal, and R. Gómez, "Efficient sensitization of ZnO nanoporous films with CdSe QDs grown by Successive Ionic Layer Adsorption and Reaction (SILAR) ". Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 220(1)(2011) p. 47-53.
A.Badawi , N.Al-Hosiny , S.Abdallah and H.Talaat, "Tuning photocurrent response through size control of CdSe quantum dots sensitized solar cell".Material Scince and Semicondactor Processing ,31 (2013)p. 6-13 .
N.Al-Hosiny , S.Abdallah , A.Badawi , K.Easawi and H.Talaat, "The photovoltaic performance o alloy CdTexS1-x quantum dot senstized solar cells " Material Scince and Semicondactor Processing ,26 (2014)p. 238-243. .
A.Badawi , N.Al-Hosiny , S.Abdallah , S.Negm and H.Talaat, "Tuning photocurrent response through size control of CdTe quantum dots sensitized solar cell". Solar energy ,88 (2013)p. 137-143 .
Kokate, Sunita K., Chaitali V. Jagtap, Prashant K. Baviskar, Sandesh R. Jadkar, Habib M. Pathan, and Kakasaheb C. Mohite. "CdS sensitized cadmium doped ZnO solar cell: Fabrication and characterizations" .Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics 157 (2018): 628-634.
A.Badawi, N. Al-Hosiny, Amar Merazga, Ateyyah M. Albaradi, S. Abdallah, and H. Talaat. "Study of the back recombination processes of PbS quantum dots sensitized solar cells." Superlattices and Microstructures" 100 (2016).p 694-702.
Yang, Peizhi, Q.Tang, Chenming Ji, and H.Wang. "A strategy of combining SILAR with solvothermal process for In2S3 sensitized quantum dot-sensitized solar cells." Applied Surface Science.357 (2015)p. 666-671.
Y. Chen, Z. Qin, X. Wang, X. Guo, L. Guo, "Noble-metal-free Cu2S-modiﬁed photocatalysts for enhanced photocatalytic hydrogen production by forming nanoscale p–n junction structure" RSC Adv., 5 (2015) p.18159-18166.
A.Badawi, "Photoacoustic study of alloyed Cd1-xPbxS quantum dots sensitized solar cells electrodes"2016 DOI 10.1007/s10854-016-4781-1.2016.
G.Syrrokostas, M.Giannouli and P.Yianoulis. "effects of paste storage on the properties of nanostructured thin films for the development of dye-sensitized solar cell." Renewable Energy ,34 (2009)p.1759-1764.
A Hessein, A. Abd El-Moneim, "Synthesis of copper sulfide/reduced graphene oxide nanocomposites for use as the counter electrodes of high-performance CdS-sensitized solar cells", New Carbon Materials , 33(2018)p.26-35.
H.Thanh, Tung, D.Huynh Thanh, and V.Quang Lam. "The CdS/CdSe/ZnS photoanode cosensitized solar cells basedon Pt, CuS, Cu2S, and PbS counter electrodes." Advances in OptoElectronics" 9 (2014)p.23-37.
A. Badawi "Tunable energy band gap of Pb1-xCoxS quantum dots for optoelectronic application" Superlattices and Microstructures , https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spmi.2018.11.012.
A. Badawi, N. Al-Hosiny, S. Abdallah, "The photovoltaic performance of CdS quant dots sensitized solar cell using graphene/TiO2 working electrode", Superlattices and Microstructures 81 (2015) p.88–96.
Heba Hassan, T. Abdallah, S. Negm, and H. Talaat. "Rabi like angular splitting in Surface Plasmon Polariton–Exciton interaction in ATR configuration." Applied Surface Science " 441(2018).p. 341-346.
M. Nabil, K. Easawi, T. Abdallah, S. Abdallah, M. K. Elmancye, S. Negm, H.Talaat, "Performance Enhancement of TBAI Capped CdSeQuantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells by an Interlayer Gold Nanoparticle", American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology and Science(ASRJETS) 53(2019)p. 27-42.
S. Abdallah, N. Al-Hosiny, A. Badawi, "Photoacoustic Study of CdS SemiconductorNanoparticles For Solar Cell Applications" Journal of Nanomaterial,1(2012)p.1-6.
S. Abdallah, N. Al-Hosiny, A. Badawi, "Photoacoustic Study of CdS SemiconductorNanoparticles For Solar Cell Applications" MSTI-Nanoteck,1(2012)p.55-60.
W.Li , X,Zhong "Capping Ligand-Induced Self-Assembly For Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cell ", Journal physical chemistry letters , 6(2015)p.796-806.
L.Tang, Y. Deng, G. Zeng, W. Hu, J.Wang, Y.Zhou, J. Wang, J. Tang , "CdS/Cu2S co-senstized TiO2 branched nanorod arroys of enchanced photoelectrochemical properties by forming nanoscale heterostructure "Journal of alloys and compound , 662(2016)p.516-527.
S.Abdallah " The Performance of Alloyed (CdS0.33Se10.67 ) Quantum Dots –Sensitized TiO2 solar cell "physics of semiconductor devices,48(2014)p.1385-1390.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.