Quick Test on Methanol in Petrol by Acid Chromotropic
AbstractAccording to calculations by Vietnam Institute of Economic Management, with the development and growth of domestic economy in the next 5 years, the total petroleum demand in the whole country from 2018 to 2022 reaches 6.5 million tons of petrol and 8.5 million tons of diesel oil, on average. Domestic production meets about 92% of A92 gasoline demand, and 82% of A95. An average of 0.8 million tons of petrol per year will be imported from countries into the region such as Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea and China to Vietnam. Because A83, A92 gasoline is cheaper than A95, many traders mix methanol with the cheaper, to convert into A95 to increase gasoline octane, changing gasoline quality in Vietnam market [1,2,3]. The authors has successfully developed a reagent capable of detecting methanol in gasoline by the complexing reaction of formaldehyde with chromotropic acid for pinkish purple in acidic medium. By simple analysis, faster time and lower cost, This method helps the authorities to improve the gas quality management in Vietnam. This reseach assess the analytical procedures on determination of methanol in petrol and A92, A95 petrol by the reaction of formaldehyde with chromotropic acid complexes produce purple pink in an acid environment, give results: analytical methods simple, faster analysis time, cost saving. This method hepls to manage quality gasoline in VietNam [3,4].
Annual report of General Department of Vietnam Customs in 2007, 2008, 2009,2010,2011, 2012, 2103,2014.
. Report of the Ministry of Industry and Trade on the import and export of fuel for industry and traffic (2013)..
. Report on the world’s oil situation in 2012, 2013,2014.
. Report of the Ministry of Science and Technology on the inspection for oil traders’ compliance with relevant regulations. (2014).
. Scientific report on fuel for internal combustion engines, VNU University of Science.
. Decree No. 83/2014/NĐ-CP dated 3/9/2014 on petrol and oil trading.
. Decree No. 104/2011/NĐ-CP dated 16/11/2011 on the sanctioning of administrative violations in petrol and oil trading
. Joint Circular No. 39/2014/TTLT – BCT – BTC on method of determination of basis prices; mechanism for creation, management and use of price stabilization fund and control of petrol and oil prices as prescribed in decree no. 83/2014/nđ-cp dated september 3, 2014 of the government on trading in petrol and oil
. Circular No. 20/2009/TT-BKHCN dated on promulgation and implementation of “national technical regulations on gasoline, diesel fuel oils and biofuels.
. Decision No. 187/QĐ-TTg dated 15/9/2003 of the Prime Minister providing regulations on petrol and oil trading in Vietnam.
. R.l.Furay (1985), “Volatility characteristic of gasoline and alcohol’’ AE paper 852116.
. Methanol institure (2012) “A workshop on the introduction of global axperiences for the safe anh effective use of methanol”, methanol institure 9/2012.
. L. Bromberg* , D.R. Cohn, Effective Octane and Efficiency Advantages Of Direct Injection Alcohol Engines.
. Science,Technology and Medicine open access publisher.
Publish, read and share novel research, Performance and Emission Characteristics of Spark Ignition Engine Fuelled with Ethanol and Methanol Gasoline Blended Fuels.
. Wikipedia (2014), list of gasoline addicities from wikipiedia, the free encyclopedia.
. Wikipedia (2014), Methanol Institute Resources Available to Protect Vietnamese Consumers from Adulterated Alcohol Poisonings.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.