Dynamics of Gully-Formation by Considering the Wave Motion of Flow
AbstractThe dynamics of the formation of ravines (gullies) by taking the wave motion of flow into account. The article considers the question of impact of the wave motion of flow on the erosion intensity in the ravines. The technique to predict the occurrence of waves on a free surface of alluvium-carrying flows is proposed. Wave motion stimulates the intensity of the soil and ground washout. The influence of wave formation on the process of the erosion intensity is assessed by using the correction factor for the average flow velocity in the clear section.
. “Erosion Processes”, “Мысль”, Moscow, 1984, p. 233;
. Natishvili O.G., Urushadze T.P., Gavardashvili G.V. - “Wave formation forecast in shallow streams in case of linear soil erosion”, the V International Scientific and Technical Conference “Modern problems of water management, environmental protection, architecture and construction ”(16-19 July, 2015, Tbilisi), pp. 203-213.
. Natishvili O.G., Urushadze T.P., Gavardashvili G.V. - “Wave motion of the slope runoff and erosion intensity of the soils and grounds,” LLC «Nauktechlitizdat», M., 2014, p. 163;
. Natishvili O.G., Tevzade V.I. - “One-dimensional sediment-carrying flows”, LLC “Nauktechlitizdat”, Moscow, 2012, p. 192;
. Chertousov M.D. - “Special course of hydraulics”, Gosenergoizdat, M-L., p. 407;
. Kuznetsov M.S., Glazunov G.P. - “Erosion and soil protection”, E.d. "Kolos", M., 2004, p. 351;
. Obrazvskyi A.S. - “The application of power dependence to the construction of the structural mechanism of turbulent flow”, Proceedings of the Hydraulic Laboratory (ВОДГЕО), issue 4, M., 1995, pp. 65 71;
. Vedernikov V.V. - “Terms at the wave front of release violating the steady-state motion of a real fluid,” v. XIII, nos. 4 6, the Reports of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1945.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.