Survey of Hypocalcaemia Frequency in District Lahore, Pakistan
AbstractCalcium is important for regulation of various physiological functions like bones, teeth, different types of muscular movements, blood pressure, body growth and maintenance. But continuous calcium deficiency may cause hypocalcaemia in which major cause is insufficient intake of calcium along with other pathological states, financial constraints and lack of general public awareness about the significance and physiological role of calcium. Statistical analysis on the basis of current survey indicates that females remain malnourished and suffer from hypocalcaemia more than males. That’s why; there is urgent need of organized efforts for general public awareness from government and private platforms. Moreover, future researchers should introduce better diagnosis techniques and economical dietary sources and treatments to reduce frequency of hypocalcaemia.
. P. Yao, D. Bennett, M. Mafham, X. Lin, Z. Chen, J. Armitage and R. Clarke. “Vitamin D and calcium for the prevention of fracture: a systematic review and meta-analysis”. JAMA network open, vol. 2(12), pp. e1917789-e1917789. 2019.
. A.C. Kawalkar. “A comprehensive review on osteoporosis”. J Trauma, vol. 10, pp. 3-12. 2015
. V. Bhatia. "Dietary calcium intake-a critical reappraisal." Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 127(3), pp. 269. 2008.
. Pravina, Pieste, D. Sayaji, and M. Avinash. "Calcium and its role in human body." International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, vol. 4(2), pp. 659-668. 2013.
. M. Harrison and R. Fraser. "Bone structure and metabolism in calcium-deficient rats." J Endocrinol, vol. 21, pp. 197-205. 1960.
. B. E. C. Nordin. "Osteomalacia, osteoporosis and calcium deficiency." Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, vol. 17, pp. 235-258.1960.
. M. Wang, X. Yang, F. Wang R. Li, H. Ning, L. Na, Y. Huang, Y. Song, L. Liu, H. Pan and Q. Zhang. “Calcium-deficiency assessment and biomarker identification by an integrated urinary metabonomics analysis”. BMC medicine, vol. 11(1), pp.1-18. 2013.
. K. M. Mirza, A. A. Khan, M. M. Ali and S. Chaudhary. “Oral health knowledge, attitude, and practices and sources of information for diabetic patients in Lahore, Pakistan”. Diabetes care, vol. 30(12), pp. 3046-3047. 2007.
. R. Iqbal and A. H. Khan. “Possible causes of vitamin D deficiency (VDD) in Pakistani population residing in Pakistan”. J Pak Med Assoc, vol. 60(1), pp. 1-2. 2010.
. M.Z. Mughal. “Bone Health in Immobile Adolescents”. In: S. Pitts and C. Gordon (eds), A Practical Approach to Adolescent Bone Health. Springer, Cham. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-72880-3_12
. S. Puranik, J. Kam, P. P. Sahu, R. Yadav, R. K. Srivastava, H. Ojulong and R. Yadav. “Harnessing finger millet to combat calcium deficiency in humans: challenges and prospects”. Frontiers in plant science, vol. 8, pp. 1311. 2017.
. K. M. H. Gallant and D. M. Spiegel. “Calcium balance in chronic kidney disease”. Current osteoporosis reports, vol. 15(3), pp. 214-221. 2017.
. A. Rouf, S. Clayton and M. Allman‐Farinelli. “The barriers and enablers to achieving adequate calcium intake in young adults: a qualitative study using focus groups”. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, vol. 32(4), pp. 443-454. 2019.
. A. Javed, S. M. Haider, N. Akram and M. Usman. “Epidemiology of onychomycosis in Gujranwala division-Pakistan”. American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences, vol. 58(1), pp. 113-117. 2019.
. M. Kozak and H. P. Piepho. “What's normal anyway? Residual plots are more telling than significance tests when checking ANOVA assumptions”. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, vol. 204(1), pp. 86-98. 2018
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.