Mathematical Digital Terrain Model (DTM) Data for Testing DTM Generation Methodologies and Software
AbstractDeveloping a method for interpolation of data points for forming DTM involves thousands of complicated computations. Checking of such computations requires errorless and well-defined input data and end results from a large number of DTM points. Measured, or actual, DTM data points may not be available or invariably have errors which affect the course of the computations and analysis. Most of these problems can be overcome by mathematically generating DTM data points. This paper focuses on developing software, called MathDTM, for generating mathematical (simulated) DTM data at desired specifications. An overview of the development and capabilities of MathDTM software platform based on Windows system is presented. The developed software was used for testing the performance and accuracy of different interpolation methods of Surfer software. The results of these tests were then discussed and evaluated.
. American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), (1993), ASPRS Accuracy Standards for Large-Scale Maps. USA.
. Barry F. K. and Gelnnbind, S. J., (2014), Surveying, Principles and Applications, 9th Edition. Prentice Hall, 2014.
. El-Ashmawy, K. L. A., and Azmi, M. T.,(2003), Photogrammetric Simultaneous and Self Calibration Block Adjustments Using Coplanarity Condition. Eng. Res. Jour., Faculty of Eng., Matria, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt, Vol. 87. pp C85-C101.
. Gregory, K., (2002), Special Edition Using Visual C++ NET, First Edition, Que, USA.
. Milne, P. H., (1988), Computer Graphics for Surveying. E.&F.N. Spon Ltd., London, UK.
. Schildt, H., 1992. Turbo C/C++: The Complete Reference, Second Edition. McGraw-Hill,Inc., USA.
. Golden Software, (2017), Surfer v15 - User's Guide, Golden, LLC, Inc., Colorado, U.S.A.
. Malik, D,. (2010), Data Structures Using C++, Second Edition. Cengage Learing, Inc., USA,.
. Uren, J., and Price, W. F., (2010), Surveying for Engineers, Fifth Edition. Macmillan Publishers LTD., UK.
. Wolf, P. R., and Ghilani, C. D., (2015), Elementary Surveying” 14th Edition, Prentice Hall, 2015
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.