Matlab Implementation of Simple Counting Based Weighted Cooperative Spectrum Sensing and Initial Condition Rule
AbstractCooperative spectrum sensing allows strict regulatory performance requirement to be relaxed on local sensing. In practice secondary users are more likely to experience distinct signal strength depending on distance from primary transmitter. This shows the need for weighting local decision by local reliability. In this paper we discuss implementation issue of simple counting based decision weighting method. And we provide solution and a complete MATLAB implementation code. We demonstrate, by carefully selecting the initial conditions, we can get stable performance. And also our results shows that the optimal weighted method outperforms the existing equal weight combining in terms of lower total error probability.
. P. K. Verma , S. Taluja , R. L. Dua.“Performance analysis of energy detection, matched filter detection & cyclostationray feature detection spectrum sensing techniques.” IJCER, vol.2, Sep. 2012.
. A. Ghasemi, E. S. Sousa.” Spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks: requirements, challenges and design trade-offs. “ Commun. Magazine, IEEE, pp.32-39, vol.46, Apr. 2008.
. D. Sun , T. Song , M. Wu, J. Hu , J. Guo , B. Gu.“Optimal sensing time of soft decision cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks”, 2013 IEEE WCNC, pp. 4124-4128, Apr. 2013.
. N. Nguyen-Thanh, I. Koo.” Acluster-based selective cooperative spectrum sensing scheme in cognitive radio.” EURASIP J. Wireless. Commun. Networking, Jun. 2013.
. X. Huang, N. Han, G. Zheng, S. Sohn. “Weighted-collaborative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio.“ Commun. On Networking, China, pp.110-114, Aug. 2007.
. S. A. Alvi, M. S. Younis, M. Imran, Fazal-e-Amin. “A weighted linear combining scheme for cooperative spectrum sensing.” International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technology, pp.149-157, vol. 32, Jun. 2014.
. L. Xiao, K. Liu, and L. Ma.“A weighted cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks” , ICINA, pp. v2-45 - v2-48, vol. 2, Oct. 2010.
. S. Maleki, S. P. Chepuri, G. Leus.“Energy and throughput efficient strategies for cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radios.” SPAWC, 2011 IEEE 12th International Workshop on, pp.71-75.
. Z. Chair, P. K. Varshney.“Optimal data fusion in multiple sensor detection systems.” IEEE Transactions on, Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. AES-22, pp.98-101, Jan.1986.
. N. Mansouri, M. Fathi.“Simple counting rule for optimal data fusion.” Proc. IEEE. Conf. on Control Applications, vol.2, pp.1186-1191, Jun 2003.
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.