Rational Use of Medication in Pregnant Women
AbstractIntroduction: the use of medication in pregnancy is a worldwide health challenge, since it can cause complications for both the pregnant woman and the fetus, and this risk is potentially increased in the first gestational trimester. Objectives: The objective of this article is to conduct a literature review on the rational use of medication in pregnant women. Materials and methods: The articles published from 2013 to 2019 in Portuguese - Brazil were used for the development of this literature review through an electronic search in the platforms: SCIELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online and Google Academic. Results and Discussion: 14 articles were analyzed, which showed a reflection on the effects of the use of drugs during pregnancy, where the perceptions of the authors were divergent, between the certainty that everything is harmful or everything is beneficial. Conclusion: Great variations were observed regarding the use of medication, in the same way, that the need for intervention promoting an increase in the rational use of medication is evident.
. Costa DB, HLL Rabbit, Santos DB. Use of drugs before and during pregnancy: prevalence and associated factors. Cad. Public Health. 2017;33(2):01-14.
. Maia TL, Trevisol FS, Galato D. Use of drugs in the first trimester of pregnancy: evaluation of the safety of drugs and use of folic acid and ferrous sulphate. Rev. Bras. Ginecol. Obstet. 2014;36(01):541-7.
. Andrade AM, Ramalho AA, Kifman RJ et al. Factors associated with the use of medications in pregnancy in primigravates in the municipality of Rio Branco, Acre, Brazil. Cad. Public Health; 2014;30(1):1042-1056.
. Birth AM, Gonçalves RELM, Medeiros RMK et al. Evaluation of the use of drugs by pregnant women in Basic Health Units of Rondonópolis, Mato Grosso. Electronic Magazine Gestão & Saúde; 2016;7(1):96-12.
. Lupattelli A, Spigset O, Twigg MJ et al. Use of drugs in pregnancy: a multinational cross-sectional web-based study. BMJ Open. 2014;(1):1-11.
. Roberson EK, Hurwitz EL, Use of drugs prescribed during and immediately before pregnancy in Hawaii - Hawaii Assessment Monitoring System, 2009-2011. hawai'i Journal of Medicine & Public Health; 2014;73(12).
. Souza LB, Souza DM, Souza SM et al. Importance of the clinical pharmacist in the safe and rational use of medicines in the hospital environment. Pensar Acadêmico, Manhuaçu. 2018;16(1):109-124.
. Lima MG, Alvares J, Junior AAG. Indicators related to the rational use of drugs and their associated factors. Rev. Saúde Pública. 2017;51(1):1-9.
. Gil AC. How to elaborate research projects. 5. ed. São Paulo: Atlas, 2008.
. Silva EAT. Pregnancy and preparation for childbirth: Intervention programs. The World of Health. 2013;37(1):208-21.
. Coutinho EC, Silva CB, Chaves CMB et al. Pregnancy and childbirth: What changes in the lifestyle of women who become mothers? Rev. Esc. Enferm. USP. 2014; 48(2):17-24.
. Ribeiro AS, Silva MV, Guerra PG et al. Potential risk of medication use during pregnancy and lactation; cff. 2013;25(1).
. Santos RFS. Profile of puerperal women with hypertensive pregnancy syndrome admitted to a maternity hospital. In: Seminario de Inciação Cientifica Fapemig, I., 2019, Itajubá. Annals... Itajubá: FWB, 2019.
. Mello TSM. New perspectives in the laboratory evaluation of diabetic nephropathy: a literature review. 2017. 47f. Trabalho de Conclusão de Curso (Graduation in Biomedicine) - Universidade Federal Fluminense, Instituto de Saúde de Nova Friburgo; 2017.
. Marques JVS, Alves BM, Marques MVS et al. Gestational Syphilis Epidemiological Profile: Clinical and Evolution from 2012 to 2017. SANARE; 2018;17(2):13-20.
. Osorio-de-Castro CGS, Paumgartten FJR, Silver LD. The use of medication in pregnancy. Ciência & Saúde Coletiva, 2014; 9(1):987-996.
. Melo SCCSD, Pelloso SM, Carvalho MDDB, Oliveira NLBD. Use of drugs by pregnant women using the Brazilian Unified Health System. Acta Paulista de Enfermagem. 2013;22(1):66-70.
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.