Educational Public Policies on English Language Teaching in Brazil Based on Neuroscience and Psychology of Human Development
AbstractThe present study aims to reflect on the teaching of the English language in the initial grades of public and private network schools, it is considered that the offerings in public schools occur from the second phase of Elementary School, while in private school begins in Early Childhood Education. Through the qualitative method, it is sought to emphasize the relevance of the English Language and to point out the importance of insertion of this Language still in early childhood, to contribute to the fight against educational inequality in Brazil. It highlights in this bibliographic study questions pertinent to neuroscience as well as learning. The theoretical and methodological basis used in the research is based on theories of scholars such as Guyton and Hall, Watson, Skinner, Battro, Wallon and Vygotsky. The results showed that the early childhood learning process is flawed due to the moment the English Language is offered in public schools and the first step towards the reversion of this panorama may be through reflection with the attempt to change the current scenario.
. BATTRO, Antonio M. Jean Piaget's thought. Translation Lino de Macedo. 1st ed. Rio de Janeiro-RJ: Forensic, 1976.
. BRAZIL. Ministry of Education. National Common Curricular Base (BNCC). Brasília: MEC / SEF, 2017. Available at <http://basenacionalcomum.mec.gov.br/abase/> Accessed on: 13 mai. 2019.
. BRIGGS, Helen. Scientists discover why children find it easier to learn more than one language. Oct 09, 2013. BBC News Brasil. Available at: <https://www.bbc.com/portuguese/celular/noticias/2013/10/131009_linguagem_infancia_an.shtml>. Accessed on: 12 Nov. 2018.
. BRAZIL. Law guidelines and bases of national education. Law number 9394, December 20, 1996.
. CÂNDIDO DE LIMA, D. Narrativa 14. In: ¬¬ English in public schools does not work? One issue, multiple looks. São Paulo: Parabola Editorial, 2011.
. GUYTON, Arthur C; HALL, John E. Textbook of medical physiology. Philadelphia-Pennsylvania: Elsevier Saundrs, 2006.
. KRASHEN, Stephen. The Input Hypothesis: Issues and implications. New York: Longman, 1985.
. LEFRANÇOIS, G. Theories of learning. Trad .: V Magyar. São Paulo: Cengage, 2009.
. MORESI, E.A.D. Scientific Methodology Manual. Brasília: UCB, 2003.
. MOTTER, R.M.B. Reflections on the teaching of foreign languages in childhood. São Paulo: Vozes, 2007.
. OLIVEIRA, Luciano Amaral. English teaching methods: theories, practices and ideologies. 1st ed. São Paulo: Parable, 2014.
. REGO, Teresa Cristina. Vygotsky: A historical-cultural perspective on education. 20. ed. Petrópolis-RJ: Vozes, 2009.
. SKINNER, B. F. Contingencies of reinforcement: a theoretical analysis. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts, 1963/1969.
. VYGOTSKY, Lev. S. Thought and Language. São Paulo: Martins Fontes, 1995.
. WALLON, Henri. Henri Wallon: The psychological evolution of the child. Translation Ana Maria Bessa. São Paulo: Martins Fontes, 1968.
. WATSON, J. B. The psychological care of the infant and child. New York: W. W. Norton, 1930.W.K.
. BRAZIL, Ministry of Education, Secretariat for Medium and Technological Education. National curriculum parameters, codes and their technologies. Modern foreign language. Brasília: MEC, 1999. pp 49-63.
. GIMENEZ, T. Narrativa 14: Permanences and breaks in the teaching of English in a Brazilian context. In: DE LIMA, D. C. Doesn't English in public schools work? One issue, multiple looks. Editorial Parable, São Paulo, 2011, p. 47-54.
. 19 FIGUEIREDO, Francisco José Quaresma de. Learning from mistakes: a communicative perspective of language teaching. Goiânia, 1997.
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.