Arduino Controlled Filling Yarn Presenter of Modern Rapier Loom
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the application of filling yarn presenter with the help of Arduino mega controlled by various analog and digital inputs. Modern Rapier looms are more advanced in every aspect of production than conventional power looms. Quickstep mechanism is used in multicolored weft insertion. In the current project we introduce a prototype of servo-motor-controlled filling yarn presenter as well as a hypothesis has been shown in order to maximizing the number of filling yarn presenter. We took advantage of Arduino-based programmable circuit board (PCB) along with necessary components such as keypads, potentiometers, breadboards, servo motors, LCD, metal wires and plastic pipes. The integration of all these parts results in a prototype based on this redefined mechanism which is able to manually control 4 individual colored weft yarns according to their sequence that also can be inputted manually.
. Model development; Textile Magazine; Issue4; 2008; pp36-39
. Amit A Jadhav, Modern development in weaving; The Indian Textile Journal; July 2007; pp22-25
. Weaving Technology Advances and Challenges II: Journal of Textile and apparel, Technology and management; Volume 3, Issue 1, Summer 2003; pp1-10
. At the rapier’s edge?; Textile Magagine; June 2001; pp16-22.
. Adanur S. and Mohamed M., Analysis of yarn motion in single-nozzle air-jet filling insertion. J. Text. Inst. 83, 45-68 (1992).
. Suematsu M., Measuring phase wave velocity of thread by longitudinal pulse wave under various tensions. J. Text. Mach. Jpn (English Edn) 5, 39-41 (1959).
. Vangheluwe L., Study of the time dependent mechanical properties of yams for weaving. Ph.D. thesis, Department on Textiles, University of Gent (1992).
. Adanur S. and Mohamed M., Analysis of yarn tension in air-jet filling insertion. Text. Res. Jnl 61, 259-266 (1991).
. Pourdeyhimi B, and Batra S K, Implications for the Nonwovens Industry, Textile Progress Journal, Vol. 30, Number 1 / 2,16 Subhankar Maity et al.: Recent Developments in Rapier Weaving Machines in Textiles 51-67, (2000).
. Abdelfattah M S, Weaving Technology: Advances and Challenges II, vol. 3, Issue 1, Summer (2003).
. Abdel-Fattah M. S, ITMA Technology: Weaving & Weaving Preparation, Textile World, Feb., (2012).
. Timer S. T. and Dawson R. M., Filling insertion by rapier: a kinematic model. Text. Res. Jnl 58, 726-734 (1988).
. Sound weaving, Feature article; The American Society of Mechanical Engineers; March; 2008
. Baolin Z, Principles of Weaving, China Textile Press, Beijing, PR China), pp. 21-23, (2002).
.  Shiller, Z., "A Bottom-Up Approach to Teaching Robotics and Mechatronics to MechanicalEngineers," Education, IEEE Transactions on, vol.56, no.1, pp.103,109, Feb. 2013
. Seul Jung, "Experiences in Developing an Experimental Robotics Course Program for Undergraduate Education," Education, IEEE Transactions on, vol.56, no.1, pp.129,136, Feb. 2013 doi: 10.1109/TE.2012.2213601
. Verner, Igor, and Ahlgren, J.,“Robot Contest as a Laboratory for Experiential Engineering Education”, ACM’s Journal on Educational Resources in Computing (JERIC), Special Issue on Robotics in Undergraduate Education, Part 1, 4(2), 2-28, 2005.
. Verner, Igor, and Ahlgren, J.,“Robot Projects and Competitions as Education Design Experiments”, Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, Special Issue, Global Look at Robotics Education, 13(1), 57-68, 2007.
. Singhose, W.; Vaughan, J.’ Mayor, R., “Use of design competition in mechatronics education,” Mechatronics, 2009. ICM 2009.IEEE International Conference on, vol., no., pp.1,6, 14-16 April 2009.
. Yilmaz, O.; Tunçalp, K., "A Mixed Learning Approach in Mechatronics Education," Education, IEEE Transactions on , vol.54, no.2, pp.294,301, May 2011.
. Perdukova, D.; Fedor, P., “A virtual laboratory for the study of Mechatronics.” Emerging eLearning Technologies and Applications (ICETA), 2011 9th International Conference on, vol., no., pp. 163, 166, 27-28, Oct. 2011.
. F. Harashima and S. Kondo, "A design method for digital speed control system of motor drives,' in Conf. Rec. PESC., 1982, pp 289-297.
. K. Ohishi, K. Ohnishi, and K. Miyachi, "Microprocessor-used speed control of dc motor without speed sensor," in Conf. Rec. IECON'84, 1984, pp. 468-473.
. A. K. Lin and W. W. Koepsel, "A microprocessor speed control system," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. Cont. Instrum., vol. IECI-24, no. 3, pp. 241-247, 1977.
. J. Tal and E. Persson, "Microprocessor-controlled incremental motion servo systems," in Proc. 6th Annu. Symp. Incremental Motion Control System Devices,- (Univ. Illinois, at Urbana-Champaign), May 24-27, 1977.
. Al-Busaidi, A. M., “Development of an educational environment for online control of a biped robot using MATLAB and Arduino,” Mechatronics (MECHATRONICS), 2012 9th France-Japan & 7th Europe-Asia Congress on and Research and Education in Mechatronics (REM), 2012 13th Int’l Workshop on, vol., no., pp. 337, 344, 21-23, Nov. 2012.
. Kronemann, M. L. et al, “LumiBots – Making Emergence Graspable in a Swarm of Robots,” Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems, pp. 408-411, 2010.
. Nayyar Anand and Puri Vikram, A Review of Arduino Boards, Lilypads and Arduino Shields; Page No. 1485-6.
. K. Ohishi, K. Ohnishi, and K. Miyachi, "Torque-speed regulation of dc motor based on load torque estimation method," in Conf. Rec. IPEC (Tokyo, Japan), vol. 2, 1983, pp. 1209-1218.
. K. Ohishi, K. Ohnishi, and K. Miyachi, "One approach to the torque speed regulation of the. separately excited dc motor using the state observer,' Trans. IEE Japan, vol. 104-B, no. 6, pp. 373-379, 1984.
. Edwin Basil Mathew et al. "Robotic arm control through human arm movement detection using potentiometers",International Conference on recent developments in control, Automation and power Engineering, 2015.
. Sanjay Lakshmi Narayan, ShwetaPatil, Position Control of Pick and Place Robotic Arm, International Conference On Engineering Innovation and Technology, ISBN : 978-93-81693-77-3, Nagpur,1st, July, 2012.
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.