Multivariate Analysis of Psychometric Variables Affecting Job Satisfaction Among School Teachers: A Case Study at Primary and Secondary Schools in Shashemene Town, Ethiopia
AbstractThis study has dealt with factors affecting the level of job satisfaction among school teachers at Shashemene town in 2010/11 academic year. Data were obtained from primary and secondary sources. A cross-sectional survey was conducted on a total of 405 teachers from different government and non-government schools using stratified random sampling technique. In the present study, the relationships between psychometric items (55-items) were examined by the combination of factor analysis and Bayesian logistic regression analysis. Firstly, factor analysis was used to group the items of the same characters as factors or explanatory variables of job satisfaction among teachers. Then, ten factors, having eigen-values greater than 1, were selected as independent variables and the factor scores coefficients were used in the Bayesian logistic regression analysis. It was found that eight unobserved variables had significant effects on job satisfaction.
. Masroor, A. (1999). A Comparative Study of Job Satisfaction among Teachers of Government and Private Secondary Schools in Karachi; Hamdard University, Pakistan.
. Tziner, A.E. and Verdi, Y. (1984). Work Satisfaction and Absenteeism Among Social.UNESCO. (2010). New Projections on the Global Demand for Teachers. UIS.
. Wanous, J.P. and Lawler, E.E. (1972). Measurement and Meaning of Job Satisfaction, Journal of Applied Psychology, 56(2), 95-104.
. Cranny, C.J., Smith, P.C. and Stone, E.F. (1992). Job Satisfaction: How People Feel about Their Jobs and How it Affects their Performance. Lexington Books, New York.
. Howard, J.L. and Frink, D.D. (1996). The Effects of Organizational Restructure on Employee satisfaction, Group and Organization Management, 21, 278-303.
. Ololube, N. (2005). Benchmarking the Motivational Competencies of Academically Qualified Teachers and Professionally Qualified Teachers in Nigerian Secondary Schools. The African Symposium, Vol. 5, No. 3. pp. 17-37.
. Education Bureau of Shashemee Twon, 2010 Jayanta, K., Mohan, D. and Tapa, S. (2006). An Introduction to Bayesian Analysis Theory and Methods.
. Johnson, A. (2007). Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis (6th ed.), Pearson Prentice Hall, Trademark of Pearson Education, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458.
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.