Baby Incubation in Ebonyi State University Abakaliki Using the Physical Properties of Iron-doped Copper Sulphide (CuS) and Lead Sulphide(PbS) Thin Films Made by SILAR Method
AbstractThe influence of iron on lead sulphide(PbS) and Copper Sulphide (CuS) thin films deposited on glass substrates via successive ionic layer adsorption (SILAR) Technique using lead acetate, Pb(CH 3 COO) 2, Cupric Acetate Cu(CH 3 COO) 2, thioacetamide ( S 2 H 5 NS), Iron (II) Chloride dehydrate(Fe Cl 2. 2H 2 O), ethanol and ammonia by in alkaline medium annealed between 283K and 500K was investigated. The structural and morphological studies were performed by X-ray diffraction (XRD) Analysis and scanning electron microscopy(SEM) respectively. The XRD showed films of cubic crystalline PbS thin films, cubic and face-centred crystalline PbSFe thin films, cubic CuS thin film, hexagonal Cu 2 S thin films and cubic and hexagonal crystalline natured CuSFe thin films with the preferential (111),(002)(004) (311) orientations. From the structural and morphological studies, the iron lead sulphide, and iron copper sulphide thin films can be good materials for baby incubation in neo-natal unit of hospitals and adapted in Ebonyi State University Abakaliki - Nigeria due to their new characteristics.
. O. Adegbenro. (2011). Challenges and Prospect of Energy Efficiency and Conservation. Journal of Energy Policy, Research and Development, 1(1) , 104-110.
. C. Akujor, (1988): Energy Technology, Summer Educational Publishers (Nig.) Limited, Onitsha..1,4-6
. F.K. Allah, S.Y. Abe, C.M. Nunez, A. Khe, I. Cattin, M. Morsli, J.C. Berned, A. Bougrine, M.A. del Valle, and F. Diaz (2007) characterization of porous doped ZnO thin films deposited by spray pyrolysis technique, Journal of applied Surface Science 253, 9241 - 9242
. E.J. Bala, J.O. Ojosu, and I.H. Umar, Government Policies and Programmes on the Development of Solar PV Sub-sector in Nigeria.(2008) Nigeria Journal of Renewable Energy, 8(1 and 2): 1-6.
. K.W. Boer,(1977), Physica Status Solidi. A40, 435.
. T.K. Chaudhuri, and S. Chatterjes (1992).Ternary Thin Films, Proceedings of the International Conference on Thermoelectronics.New Jersey,N.Y, 11: 40.
. P.A. Fernandes, P.M. Salome and A.F. Cunha (2010). A study of ternary Cu2SnS3 and Cu2SnS4 thin Films prepared by sulphurizing stacked metal precursors, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 43, 1-11.
. Y. He, X. Yu and X. Zhao (2007), Materials latter, 61, 3014
. S.G. Ibrahim andP.H. Salame (2016). Thickness Dependent Physical Properties of lead Sulphide thin Films, Int. J. Chemistry, 6:5-11
. A.O. Jesuleye and W.O. Siyanbola (2008). Solar Electricity Demand Analysis for Improved Access to Electricity in Nigeria.. Nigeria Journal of Solar Energy. (1): 136-141.
. JCPDF Powder Diffraction File search manual – 2003, 89-2073.
. V. Mote, Y. Purushotham and B. Dole(2012), The morphological, optical and electrical properties of nanocrystalline PbS thin films,, J. Theor. Appl. Phys. 6, 1 7.
. Y.F. Nicolau, M. Dupuy , M. Brunnel (1990): Journal of Electrochemical society, 137.
. J.O. Oji, C. Nascu, I. Pop and V. lonescu (2012). Utilisation of Solar Energy for Power Generation in Nigeria. International Journal of Energy Engineering , 2(2):54-5
. W. Liang and M.H. Whangbo (1993): Solid State Communications. 85 (1993) 405
. O.O. Nwoke, W.I. Okonkwo and O.U. Oparaku (2008). Solar Energy Use in Nigeria: constraints and Possible Solutions. Nigeria Journal of Solar Energy, 19(1), 90-93.
. M.T.S. Nair, G. Alvarrez-Garcia, C.A. Estrada-Gasva and P. K. Nair(1993); Journal of Electrochemical Society. 140, 212.
. P.K. Nair, V.M. Garcia, A.M Fernandez, H.S. Ruiz and M.T.S. Nair(1991), Journal of Physics D. 24, 441.
. Z.H. Han, Y.P. Li, H.Q. Zhao, S.H. Yu, Y. L. Yin and Y.T. Qian (2000), Materials Letters, 44, 366.
. E.C.N. Okafor and C.K.A. Joel-Uzuegbu (2010). Challenges to Development of Renewable Energy for Electric Power Sector in Nigeria. International Journal of Academic Research. 2(2): 211-216.
. S. B Qadri, A. Singh and M. Yousuf.(2003): Structural stability of PbS Films as a function of temperature, Thin Solid films, 431(432),506-510
. S. Y. Wang, W. Wang, Z.H. Lu(2003):Material Science and Engineering, B10,3184
. W.I. Okonkwo, Passive Passive Solar Heating, for Poultry Chick Brooding in Nigeria. A Paper presented at the International Workshop on Renewable Energy for Sustainable Development in Africa, 2nd May, 2007
. D.U. Onah, E.I. Ugwu and J.E. Ekpe (2015). Optical Properties of Nanocrystalline
. TiO2/CuO Core-Shell Thin Films by Thermal Annealing, American Journal of Nano Research and Applications, 3(3), 62-65.
. A. S. Sambo (2008). The Role of Energy in achieving Millenium Development Goals (MDG): Keynote Address of the National Engineering Conference (NETEC), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 1st April, 2008.
. G. B. Smith, A. Ignatiev and G. Zajac(1980).Copper sulphide nanocrystalline thin films at room temperature, Thin Solid films, 514, 132-137.
. D. Whitefield (2000). Solar Dryer System and the Internet Important Resources to Improve food preparation. A Paper presented at International Conference on Solar Cooking, Kimberly, South Africa, and 24th June, 2000.
. J. Valenzuela, R. J'auregui, A. Ram'irez-Bon, M. Mendoza-Galva'n. and A. Sotelo-Lerma. (2003). Optical properties of PbS thin films chemically deposited at different temperatures. Thin Solid Films, 1441: 104-110.
. V. N. Udeajah (2020), Morphological and structural properties of iron copper sulphide (CuS) and iron lead sulphide (PbS) thin films synthesized by SILAR Method,55,2,18-21
. V. N. Udeajah (2021) Experimental Demonstration of the structure of SILAR Synthesised iron lead sulphide(PbS) thin films for poultry farms in Agbaja Unuhu-Ebonyi State, Nigeria published in the Asian Journal of Applied Science and Technology (AJAST), Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages 131-138, January-March 2021.
. L. Wang, C. Xu, D. Zou, H. Luo and T. Ying Bull(2009). Mater. Sci., Winston, London
. C. Wei Zhou, B. Chengzhi Lou , L. Zhongshi and Y. Hongxing-Yang (2010): Applied Energy Journal Applied Energy, . 87, 380–389.
. E. Yucel, Y. Yucel and B. Beleli(2015). Process optimization of deposition conditions of PbS , Appl. Phys. Lett., 56, 51-53.
Copyright (c) 2021 American Academic Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.