Importance and Association of Phytotherapy with Western Medicine in the Treatment of Diseases in Athieme in South-West Benin
AbstractThe phenomenon of migration is an old one by which the migrants come to stisfy their needs in order to improve their conditions of life. In fact, the goal of this research is offering to throw more light in the factors that justify the migration flow of Gulmanceba in the town of Banikoara and the influence of their economic contribution to development. The methodologic procedure used is a mixed one at the same time qualitative and quantitative. The empirical datas have been analyzed with the saftwares CSPS, SPSS, word and Excel 2007 on the basis of the strategic analysis of Crozier and Friedberg (1977). For the data collection, the documentary research, the interview and observation are the technics used with other tools such as “interview guide” “questionnaire”, the “observation grill” and the digital camera. In total, 109 persons have been questioned among whom the Gulmanceba migrants, the natives and the local leaders. At the end of this research it has been noticed that the Gulmanceba are effective vectors that intervene everywhere in farming, the trading of adult rate fuel, manufactured products, loose pieces and sand extraction. All those economic activities positively impact the town's economiy.
. BANNERMAN, Robert H., BURTON, John, and CHEN, Wen-Chieh, 1983, Traditional medicine and health care coverage: a reader for health administrators and practitioners.
. NIANG, Abiboulaye, 2015, Safeguarding and enhancing the intangible cultural heritage of Sénègal: project to create an eco-museum for divinatory and curative practices. Master's thesis. Universidade de Évora
. TREMBLAY, Jean-Marie, Frédéric Bourdier, 2005, Therapeutic meetings in southern India or the art of developing masala medicine in care strategies.
. FASSIN, Didier, 1985, “Du clandestin à l'officieux. Illicit drug sales networks in Senegal. Notebooks of African Studies ”, vol. 25, no.98, p. 161-177.
. DE ROSNY, Eric, 1974, Ndimsi: those who look after at night. CLE editions.
. BOISSIÈRE, Marine,. 2018, Consommation des plantes médicinales par les patients suivis en cabinet de médecine générale à La Réunion : expériences, représentations et ressentis des patients dans le cadre de la communication médecin-patient. Médecine humaine et pathologie.
. DUTERTRE, Julie Marie Josèphe, 2011, Enquête prospective au sein de la population consultant dans les cabinets de médecine générale sur l’île de la Réunion : à propos des plantes médicinales, utilisation, effets, innocuité et lien avec le médecin généraliste. [Thèse d’exercice] [Bordeaux]Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2.
. KALIS, Simone, 1997, Médecine Traditionnelle, Religion et divination chez les Seereer Sin du Senegal. La connaissance de la nuit. Paris : L'Harmattan
. LEHMANN Hélène, 2013, Le médicament à base de plantes en Europe, statut, enregistrement, contrôles. [Doctorat en science de la vie, spécialité droit pharmaceutique]. Université de Strasbourg.
. BAXERRES, Carine et MARQUIS, Charlie, 2018, Regulations, Markets, Health: questioning the current challenges of drugs in Africa Proceedings.
. FASSIN, Didier, 1992, Power and disease in Africa: social anthropology in the suburbs of Dakar, PUF.
. KPATCHAVI, Adolphe, 1999, “Local” knowledge on the disease among the gbé of Benin: the case of malaria; Doctoral thesis University of Friborg.
. TALL, Emmanuelle Kadya. Tonda, Joseph, 2002, “Divine healing in Central Africa (Congo, Gabon)”. Paris, Karthala (“Men and societies”), 243 p. Cahiers d'études africaines, 2004, vol. 44, no 176, p. 982-985.
. NYSSENS, Marthe, VERMER, Marie-Catherine, and WÉLÉ, P, 2007, The regulation of mutual health organizations in Benin. GRAP / OSC, Louvain-la-Neuve.
. MARIKO, Mamadou, 2003, “Access to healthcare and quality: results of an empirical study carried out in Bamako (Mali)”. M. Audibert, J. Mathonnat and E. de Roodenbeke (eds.), Health financing in low-income African and Asian countries, Paris, Karthala, p. 41-58.
. RICHARD, Jean-Luc, 2001, Access and recourse to health care in the sub-prefecture of Ouessè (Benin). Doctoral thesis. University of Neuchâtel.
. AUGÉ, Marc, 2014, Le sens des autres: topicality of anthropology. Fayard.
. BELLAMINE, Kawtar, 2017, La phytothérapie clinique dans les affections dermatologiques, Thèse de doctorat, UNIVERSITE MOHAMMED V – RABAT, Sous la dir. R. NEJJARI, pp 252
. WHO, 2014, Stratégie de l’OMS pour la médecine traditionnelle pour 2014-2023, p. 72
. DIMITROVA Zlatina, et al., 1993, Antiherpes effect of Melissa officinalis L. extracts. Acta Microbiologica Bulgarica; 29:65-72
. McGuffin, Michael, 1997, (Ed) Botanical safety handbook. CRC press.
. CHAMARD, Audrey, 2016, Etat des lieux du recours aux médecines alternatives et complémentaires en médecine générale, dans le Languedoc-Roussillon: étude quantitative auprès de patients et de médecins [Thèse d’exercice]. [Montpellier]: Université de Montpellier. Faculté de médecine.
. MAYER LEVY Clarisse, 2010, Recours aux médecines complémentaires et alternatives parmi les patients de médecine générale à Paris. [Thèse d’exercice]. [Paris]. Université Paris Descartes.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.