Comparison of Pull-Out Strength Behavior for Chemical Adhesive Anchors Installed in Concrete
AbstractPost installed reinforcement is widely used in the world as well as Bangladesh because of the need for it in rehabilitation and strengthening work. It help to contribute at the efficiency in the cost of construction in general and offer a level of confidence on the structural integrity of building and civil engineering infrastructural projects. Engineers need to be confident in the performance of adhesives anchor systems to be used where adhesives involved as a bonding agent between steel reinforcement bars and concrete. This research is investigated the effectiveness of several sorts of adhesives utilized in post-installed rebar connection under pull-out test. The cylindrical samples (36 + 12 Nos) of 15cm diameter 30 cm height with two different proportion ratio of ingredients for preparing concrete where brick chips as coarse aggregates with two different anchors grade (400W &500W) are used. The control samples (12 Nos) are the cast in-place rebar concrete specimens while other samples (36 Nos) are post rebar-installed concrete specimens where chemical adhesives like fischer, INDEX and mortar are used as bonding agents. The findings show that the pull-out load values are higher for lower reinforcement grade and lower amount of aggregates in concrete by applying chemical adhesive.
. ASTM E 1512-01 (2001), American Society for Testing and Materials, Standard Test Methods for Testing Bond Performance of Bonded Anchors, ASTM, May, pp. 1-5.
. Brencich, A. (2015). A post-installed insert for pull-out tests on concrete up to 70 MPa. Construction and Building Materials, 95, 788-801.
. Barnes, R. A., Baglin, P. S., Mays, G. C., & Subedi, N. K. (2001). External steel plate systems for the shear strengthening of reinforced concrete beams. Engineering structures, 23(9), 1162-1176.
. Cook, R. A. (1993). Behavior of chemically bonded anchors. Journal of Structural Engineering, 119(9), 2744-2762.
. Cook, R. A., Kunz, J., Fuchs, W., & Konz, R. C. (1998). Behavior and design of single adhesive anchors under tensile load in uncracked concrete. Structural Journal, 95(1), 9-26..
. Fuchs, W., Eligehausen, R., & Breen, J. E. (1995). Concrete capacity design (CCD) approach for fastening to concrete. Structural Journal, 92(1), 73-94.
. Kim, J. S., Jung, W. Y., Kwon, M. H., & Ju, B. S. (2013). Performance evaluation of the post-installed anchor for sign structure in South Korea. Construction and Building Materials, 44, 496-506.
. Li, Y., Winkler, B., & Eckstein, A. (2005). Failure analysis of anchoring systems in concrete. Computational Plasticity, Proc. of the 8th Inter. Conc. on Comp. Plasticity (COMPLAS), 1047-1051.
. MAZILIGÜNEY, L. (2007). Tensile behavior of chemically bonded post-installed anchors in low strength reinforced concretes. Middle East Technical University, MSc. Thesis, 98p.
. Mazılıgüney, L., Azılı, F., & Yaman, İ. Ö. (2008, September). In situ concrete compressive strength of residential, public and military structures. In Proc. 8th Int. Congress on Advances in Civil Eng., Famagusta, Northern Cyprus, September (pp. 15-17).
. Randl, N. (2011). Behavior, design and application of post installed reinforcement. 1189-1192.
. Soudki, K., El-Sayed, A. K., & Vanzwol, T. (2012). Strengthening of concrete slab-column connections using CFRP strips. Journal of King Saud University-Engineering Sciences, 24(1), 25-33.
. Tayeh, B. A., Bakar, B. A., & Johari, M. M. (2012, August). Mechanical properties of old concrete—UHPFC interface. In Concrete Repair, Rehabilitation and Retrofitting III: 3rd International Conference on Concrete Repair, Rehabilitation and Retrofitting, ICCRRR-3, 3-5 September 2012, Cape Town, South Africa (p. 373). CRC Press.
. Wang, D., Wu, D., Ouyang, C., & Zhai, M. (2016). Performance and design of post-installed large diameter anchors in concrete. Construction and Building Materials, 114, 142-150.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.