A Systematic Integration and Simulation of Transportation Network to Asses Efficiency Maximization: A Case of Benapole Land Port, Bangladesh
AbstractSystematic transportation network and orderly circulation system is vital for the effective functioning of a land port facility. Benapole Port, the largest land port of entry in Bangladesh, located on Bangladesh- India border in Jashore. It handles most of the cross-border trade as well as a large number of passengers and trucks of goods are passed through this point every day. Due to lack of systematic organization and orderly traffic circulation control the port facility is unable to function at its full efficiency, resulting in traffic congestions, processing delay and systematic losses. The key challenge is to resolve the circulation network adequately and systematically to maneuver the cross-border traffic and cargo by the means of providing well organized traffic network, compaction of facilities, dedicated circulation system and smooth process flow of port activities. Through conduction of extensive site survey and in-depth data analysis the fundamental issues and remedial requirements forecasts are identified. By the means of computer aided simulation for comparison between multiple alternatives of traffic network distribution and circulation system the possible most suitable alternative can be assessed. The efficiency of this prevailed circulation system is supported by the results of the simulation, which can be able to optimize the addressed issues, also ensures maximized efficiency of the port functioning. Furthermore, either as a goods or tourists exchange point, Benapole Port has paramount importance and have potential to become a landmark establishment.
. BDC, "Bangladesh Customs," 2019. [Online]. Available: http://www.bangladeshcustoms.gov.bd/.
. BSBK, "Annual Report of BSBK," Benapole Customs House, 2018.
. BTR, "Bangladesh Times Release Study-Benapole," 2013.
. ADB, "Port and Logistics Efficiency Improvement," 2011.
. TDS, "Benapole Land Port Improvemnet," 20 January 2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.thedailystar.net/business/benapole-land-port-improvement-1348033.
. M.S, "152-Ministry of Shipping Statement," 2019.
. O. K. B. S. N. A. R. Hanjra, "Understanding Port Efficiency: A CPEC Perspective," Journal of Management and Research, 4(1), pp. 149-161, 2017.
. MoS, "Ministry of Shipping Overview," 2018.
. BLPA, "Land Port in a Brief," 2016.
. A. R. Sachin Kamble, "Improving port efficiency: A comparative study of selected ports in India," International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 2(4), 2010.
. A. Fallis, "BAN 40540-014: SASEC Road Connectivity Project," Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, pp. 1689-1699, 2013.
. S. Melkote, "An integrated model of facility location and transportation network design," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Volume 35, Issue 6, pp. 515-538, 2001.
. P. P. Kumar, "Performance Evaluation of Multimodal Transportation Systems," in Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (2nd CTRG), India, 2013.
. DMS, "Drewry Maritime Services (Asia)," 2013.
. L. Song, "Port infrastructure investment and regional economic growth in China: Panel evidence in port regions and provinces," Transport Policy, Volume 36, pp. 173-183, 2014.
. M. A. K. Rahman, "Trade Facilitation towards Export Promotion in the Indian Market," 2016.
. BSBK, "Benapole Land Port," 2013. [Online]. Available: http://www.bsbk.gov.bd/.
. W. Bank, "Benapole Port Efficiency Development," World Bank, Dhaka, 2019.
. IATA, "Airport Development Reference Manual," 2004.
. J. D. Chiara, Time-saver standards for building types, 1973.
. Wiki, "Benapole," 2019. [Online]. Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benapole.
. G. M. a. P. S. P. Ltd, "Benapole Land Port Efficiency," 2011.
. IDRG, "IDRG Consultancy Services, India and Institute of Water Modelling, Bangladesh," 2015.
. BP, "Land Ports," 2019. [Online]. Available: http://en.banglapedia.org/index.php?title=Land_Ports.
. C. Blow, Transport Terminal & Modal Interchange, 2005.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.