MRI Image Segmentation System of Uterine Fibroids Based on AR-Unet Network
AbstractUterine fibroids are the most common benign tumors in female reproductive organs. The segmentation of uterine fibroids is crucial for accurate treatment. This paper proposes a new uterine fibroids MRI T2W image segmentation network AR-Unet (Attention Resnet101-Unet), which uses the deep neural network ResNet101 as the front end of feature extraction, extracts image semantic information, and combines U-net design ideas to build a network structure. The attention gate module is added before the upsampling and downsampling feature maps are spliced. We tested a total of 123 uterine fibroids MRI T2W images from 13 patients. The segmentation results were verified with expert-defined manual segmentation results. The average Dice coefficient, IOU value, sensitivity and specificity of all segmented images were 0.9044, 0.8443, 88.55% and 94.56%, the performance is better than ResNet101-Unet and Attention-Unet models, and finally the network is encapsulated into an auxiliary diagnostic system.
. VOLLENHOVEN, B. J, LAWRENCE, A. S, HEALY, D. L. Uterine fibroids: A clinical review[J]. British journal of obstetrics & gynaecology, 2010, 97(4):285-298.
. Li S , Chen B , Sheng B , et al. The associations between serum vitamin D, calcium and uterine fibroids in Chinese women: a case-controlled study[J]. The Journal of international medical research, 2020, 48(5):030006052092349.
. Zhao W P, Chen J Y, Zhang L, et al. Feasibility of ultrasound-guided high intensity focused ultrasound ablating uterine fibroids with hyperintense on T2-weighted MR imaging[J]. European Journal of Radiology, 2013, 82(1).
. Yao J, Chen D, Lu W, et al. Uterine fibroid segmentation and volume measurement on MRI[J]. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, 2006.
. Khotanlou H , Fallahi A , Oghabian M A , et al. Segmentation of uterine fibroid on MR images based on chan-vese level set method and shape prior model[J]. Biomedical Engineering Applications Basis & Communications, 2014, 26(02):1450030-.
. Fallahi A , Pooyan M , Ghanaati H , et al. Uterine Segmentation and Volume Measurement in Uterine Fibroid Patients' MRI Using Fuzzy C-Mean Algorithm and Morphological Operations[J]. Iranian Journal of Radiology, 2011, 08(03):150-156.
. Rundo L, Militello C, Vitabile S, et al. Combining split-and-merge and multi-seed region growing algorithms for uterine fibroid segmentation in MRgFUS treatments[J]. Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, 2016, 54(7): 1071-1084.
. Kurata Y, Nishio M , Kido A , et al. Automatic segmentation of the uterus on MRI using a convolutional neural network[J]. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2019, 114:103438.
. He K, Zhang X, Ren S, et al. Deep Residual Learning for Image Recognition[C]. computer vision and pattern recognition, 2016: 770-778.
. Oktay O, Schlemper J, Folgoc L L, et al. Attention U-Net: Learning Where to Look for the Pancreas[J]. 2018.
. Li X, Sun X, Meng Y, et al. Dice Loss for Data-imbalanced NLP Tasks.[J]. arXiv: Computation and Language, 2019.
. Kingma,D. P., & Ba, J. " Adam: a method for stochastic optimization. Computer Science, "2014.
. Leal,Y.,Gonzalez-Abril, L.,Ruiz, M.,Lorencio, C.,Bondia, J.,Vehi, J. "Un nuevo enfoque para detectarmediciones de glucosaerroneasen los sistemas de monitorizacioncont inuos de glucose,", JARCA 2012, vol. 15, pp. 17, 2012.
. Fernandez,P. C.,Taladriz,C. C.,Alcaide,F. G.,Sacchi,L., Bellazzi,R., Aguilera, E, J, G. "Extraccion de reglas temporales complejas para la deteccion de fallos del tratamiento antiretroviral,"2008.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.