Detection, Transmission and Pathogenic Fungi in Chia Seeds
AbstractThis template is designed using the previous setting; kindly copy and paste your text to this template. The study related to seed pathology is essential to know the sanitary quality, since the presence of pathogens in favor of seed can spread disease, and physiological influence the quality of seeds, resulting in low germination. Thus, this study aimed to identify the detection, transmission, and pathogenicity of fungi associated with the seeds of chia. The work was conducted in the Phytopathology Laboratory and experimental area of the Federal University of Tocantins, chia seeds produced being evaluated in Gurupi (Brazil) and Katueté (Paraguay). To check the sanitary quality of chia seed was used the method of the filter paper to the present lifting mycobiota which was subsequently isolated and cultured in a potato dextrose agar culture (BDA). For seed fungi, the transmission test to the plant was sowed 100 seeds of chia divided into four replicates of 25 seeds each. The seeds were sown in pots of 4 dm3 (four seeds per pot) evaluations were made to ten, twenty and thirty days after emergence by observing the characteristic symptoms. The pathogenicity of fungi transported by the seed was evaluated by inoculation in the aerial part of seedlings. The fungi found associated with chia seeds were: Alternaria spp., Aspergillus spp., Bipolaris spp., Colletotrichum spp., Curvularia spp., Fusarium spp., Penicillium spp., Rhizoctonia spp, e Rhizopus spp. the fungus Colletotrichum spp. and Fusarium spp. They are transmitted to seedlings via seed. Genres Colletotrichum spp. and Fusarium spp. Are pathogenic to plants of chia.
. Ayerza R, et al. (2004). Composition of chia (Salvia hispanica) grown in six tropical and subtropical ecosystems of South America. Tropical Science, v. 44, n. 3, p. 131–135.
. Ixtaina VY, et al. (2011). Characterization of chia seed oils obtained by pressing and solvent extraction. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, v. 24, n. 2, p. 166-174.
. Urben AF. et al. (1987). Fungos associados a manchas de folhas em plantas de uso medicinal. Fitopatologia Brasileira, v. 12, n. 4, p. 390-394.
. Correa-júnior C, Ming LC, Scheffer MC. (1994). Cultivo de Plantas Medicinais, Condimentares e Aromáticas. 2 ed. Jaboticabal, SP: FUNEP. p.162.
. Neergaard P. (1979). Seed pathology. Vol. 2. London: Mac Millan Press, 829 p.
. Lazzari FA. (1997). Umidade, fungos e micotoxinas na qualidade de sementes, grãos e rações. 2. ed. Curitiba, p. 148.
. Maziero, MT, et al. (2010). Micotoxinas em alimentos produzidos no Brasil. Revista Brasileira de Produtos Agroindustriais, v.12, n.1, p.89-99.
. Pedroso, DC, et al. (2010). Métodos de inoculação de Alternaria e A. dauci em sementes de salsa e sua influência na qualidade fisiológica. Revista Brasileira de Sementes, v. 32, n. 3, p. 080.
. Barnett HL, Hunter BB. (1972). Illustrated genera of imperfect fungi. Burgess Publishing Company. 3. ed. Minneapolis, p. 241.
. Embrapa - Empresa Brasileira De Pesquisa Agropecuária. (2013). Centro Nacional de Pesquisa de Solos. Sistema brasileiro de classificação de solos. 3. ed. rev. amp. - Brasília, DF: EMBRAPA. 353p.
. Katan J, et al. (1976). Solar heating by polyethylene mulching for the control of diseases caused by soil-borne pathogens. Phytopathology, v. 66, n. 5, p. 683-688.
. Leslie JF, Summerell BA. (2008). The Fusarium laboratory manual. John Wiley & Sons.
. Goulart ACP. (2004). Fungos em sementes de soja: detecção, importância e controle. Dourados: Embrapa Agropecuária Oeste.
. Lopez AMQ. (2001). Taxonomia, patogênese e controle de espécies do gênero Colletotrichum. Revisão Anual de Patologia de Plantas, v. 9, n. 1, p. 291-338.
. Gaetan SA, Gally ME. (1993). Anthracnose of peppermint (Mentha piperita L.) caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides (Penz.) Sacc. Boletim de Sanidade Vegetal, v.19, n. 4, p. 673-676.
. Garibaldi A, Gullino ML, Minuto G. (1997). Diseases of basil and their management. Plant Disease, v. 81, n. 2, p. 24-132.
. Cherobini EAI, et al. (2008). Avaliação da qualidade da semente e mudas de cedro. Ciência Florestal, v. 18, n. 1, p. 65-73.
. Martins J. (2015). Contaminação fúngica em sementes de chia comercializadas no municipio de Campo Mourão. 27f. Monografia (Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná), Campo Mourão-PR.
. Trigo MFOO, et al. (1997). Fungos associados às sementes de coentro (Coriandrum sativum L.) no Rio Grande do Sul. Revista Brasileira de Sementes, v. 19, n. 2, p. 214-218.
. Jiménez IAR, et al. (2015). Detección e identificación de hongos en semillas de chía. II Jornadas Paraguayas de Botánica – Sesión Micología y Liquenología. Revista Steviana, v. 7, n. 21767, p. 87.
. Almeida TL, et al. (2016). Qualidade sanitária e fisiológica de sementes de chia. Enciclopédia Biosfera, v.13 n. 23, p. 1117-1122.
. González V, Martínez V, Muñoz L, Ploper LD. (2010). Patógenos detectados en el cultivo de chía (Salvia officinalis L.) en las provincias de Tucumán y Salta. Journal Avance Agroindustrial, v. 31, n. 4, p. 36-39.
. Machowicz-stefaniak Z, Zalewska E, Zimowska B. (2002). Fungi colonizing various organs of lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) cultivated in South-East Poland. Plant Protection Science, v. 38, n. 2, p. 347-350.
. Machowicz-stefaniak Z, Zalewska E, Zimowska B. (2004). Fungi colonizing above-ground parts of lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) and thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.) cultivated in the Lublin Region. Folia Universitalis Agriculturae Stelinemsis, v. 95, p. 229-232.
. Kobayasti L, et al. (2011). Levantamento da incidência de fungos potencialmente patogênicos em sementes de pinhão manso. Pesquisa Agropecuária Tropical, v.41, n.3, p. 385-390.
. Pádua GP, Vieira RD. (2011). Deterioração de sementes de algodão durante o armazenamento. Revista Brasileira de Sementes, v. 23, n. 2, p. 255-262.
. Ellis RH. (1989). The effects of differences in seed quality resulting from priming or deterioration on the relative growth rate of onion seedlings. Acta Horticultura e, v.1, n. 253, p. 203-212.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.