Tiktok Influences on Teenagers and Young Adults Students: The Common Usages of the Application Tiktok
AbstractThis research paper is aimed at shedding light on the use of the mobile application Tiktok, it concluded that the use of the application, has had a very little negative impact on the main target user base. The research outlines to a certain degree some difficulties in the management of the application but in comparison with similar social media applications, they appear to be few. This research has concluded that the use of the application seems to be of more concern to spectators of the users than the actual users. This research has also been able to map out the spread of Tiktok over the past 3 years and how it has become a significant participant in the role of influencers, creating an entrepreneurial possibility with its growth. This research recommends further research into the use of popular social media apps and further monitoring of the expansion of the popularity of the usages of social media apps in general.
. Tiktok, "About tiktok," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.tiktok.com/about?lang=en.
. K. Sehl, "Hootsuits," 2 March 2020. [Online]. Available: https://blog.hootsuite.com/what-is-tiktok/.
. A. Meola, "Business insider," 13 February 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.businessinsider.com/tiktok-marketing-trends-predictions-2020.
. M. Mohsin, "Oberlo," 20 February 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.oberlo.com/blog/tiktok-statistics.
. M. Iqbal, "Business of Apps," 24 April 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.businessofapps.com/data/tik-tok-statistics/.
. P. Valerie Barker, "Older Adolescents’ Motivations for Social Network Site Use:," Cyberpsychology & behavior: the impact of the Internet, multimedia and virtual reality on behavior and society , p. 1, 2009.
. J. Herrman, "How TikTok Is Rewriting the World," The New York Times, 10 March 2019.
. Z. Beauchamp, "Social media is rotting democracy from within," VOX, 22 January 2019.
. B. Parkin, "Tiktok: India bans video sharing app," The Guardian, 16 April 2019.
. V. Gupta, "How Tik Tok affecting Youth: Tik Tok Negative Impact On Young Generation," Techchums, 17 March 2020.
. F. Ucciferri, "Parents' Ultimate Guide to TikTok," Common sense media, 20 April 2020.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.