The Analysis of Traffic Flow on the Three-leg Intersection – Case Study Cazin
AbstractThis paper deals with the analysis of traffic on the three-leg intersection in the city Cazin, at the junction of the three-leg intersection. The main issue of this research refers to the left-turn of vehicles coming from the merging road of the given intersection. The extensive analysis covered the current state of traffic flow by using the software tool, SIDRA INTERSECTION program. Within the suggested measures of improvement, the construction of a unsignalised roundabout was proposed. Implementation of the construction of a unsingalised roundabout would increase the level of traffic safety, reduce time losses while taking a left turn and therefore improve the Level of Service (LOS) as a qualitative indicator of traffic flow.
. Highway Capacity Manual 2010“(2010) Transportation Research Board Publications, Volume 4. Aplications Guide.
. Highway Capacity Manual Edition 6, (2016) Chapter 22, Roundabouts. Transportation Research Board, National Reserch Council, Washington, DC, USA.
. Mohammed, A. Simulation of traffic flow in unsignalization intersection using computer software SIDRA in Baghdad city, MATEC, 2017.
. Hasan, H. Operational Analysis of Cross Section Intersection by using aaSIDRA Software for Traffic Flow, 2016.
. Shaban, I. (2018) Evaluation and Analysis of Traffic Flow at Signalized Intersections in Nicosia Using of SIDRA 5 Software, Jurnal Kejuruteraan.
. Prakash, R (2014) Evaluating Operational Performance od Intersections Using SIDRA, The open Transportation Journal
. Subotić, M. (2017) Saobraćajni Terminali Saobraćajni fakultet Doboj
. Lipovac, K. (2008). Bezbednost saobraćaja, JP Službeni List SRJ, Beograd.
. Vukanović, S. (2010). Regulisanje saobraćajnih tokova. Beograd
. Tojagić, M. (2015) Bezbednost drumskog saobraćaja. Brčko
. Data from Una Sana Canton Ministry of the Interior
. Jamil, W. An Analysis of Unsignalised Intersection Using aaSIDRA Software, UNIMAS, Volime 4, Issue 2, Malaysia
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.