Assessment of Relative Humidity Effect on Wind Power for Electricity Production in Al-Samawa City-Southern Iraq
AbstractThe relative humidity influence on the percentage of loss in annual rates of wind power in Al-Samawa city- Southern Iraq have been assessmented for five years interval (2012-2016) for electricity production object. Data of relative humidity and wind speed, are measured at height of AL-Samawa meteorological Station (11 meters). This data utilized as input to a software computer program which was prepared for this study. The study declare the little reduction in the annual rate of power of moist air. It is noted that the least loss in value occurred at minimum height reached approximately 0.76% at study year 2014, whereas the largest loss at the minimum height reached nearly 0.9% at study year 2015, and the value of loss percentage reduces with height increases. This difference belongs to decrease in air density. The least percentage of air density in 2014 at minimum height reached 0.76% while the largest one reached 0.9% in 2015. Lowering in values of annual rates of density was noted as height increases.
. M. Kanoglu , Y. A.Cengel, J. M. Cimbala. fundamentals and applications of renewable energy. : Mcgraw-Hill Education, 2020.
. S. Gyamfi, and et al. ”Improving electricity supply security in Ghana—The potential of renewable energy. “Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, PP. 1035-1045, Vol. 43, 2015.
. J. Shen, C. Luo. ”Overall review of renewable energy subsidy policies in China—Contradictions of intentions and effects. ”Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,Vol. 41, PP. 1478-1488, 2015. DOI: org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.09.007
. A. M. Salih and M. H. Kamil. ”Evaluating wind power Potential for Electricity Production in Samawa City – Iraq. ” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.11(32), PP. 1-9, August 2018. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2018/v11i32/129431
. M. H. Kamil and A.M. Salih. ”Simulation of the Influence of temperature on the Resultant wind power in Samawa City – Iraq. , Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 12(6), PP. 1-8, February 2019. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2019/v12i6/140169
. M. G. Lawrence." The relationship between relative Humidity and the dewpoint temperature in moist air: A simple conversion and applications, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 86(2),PP. 225-234, February 2005. DOI:10.1175/BAMS-86-2-225
. V.Oyj. " Humidity conversion formulas- Calculation formulas for Humidity", Finland , Vaisala Oyj, 2013.
. J. Wisniak. ” Historical development of the vapor pressure equation from Dalton to Antoine, . J Phase Equilibria, Vol. 22(6), PP.622-630, 2001. OI: 10.1007/s11669-001-0026-x
. D. Murphy, T. Koop. ” Review of the vapour pressures of ice and supercooled water for atmospheric applications, Quart J Royal Met Soc., Vol.131, PP. 1539–1565 , 2005. doi: 10.1256/qj.04.94
. R. Shelguist. " An Introduction to air density and density altitude Calculations", Shelquist Engineering, PP. 1-28, 2019.
. L. Perkovic, P.Silva, M.Ban, N.Kranjcevic, N.Duic. "Harvesting high altitude wind energy for power production :the concept based on magnus effect, Applied energy,101, PP. 151-160, 2013.
. E. Hau. Wind turbine-Fundamental. Technologies, Application, Economic. Berlin Germany: Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Springer, 2008.
. G.L. Johnson. Wind Energy System. Electronic Edition, Manhattan, KS, 2006.
. M. Patel. Wind and Solar Power System. U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, New York: CRC Press LLC, 1999.
. M. Hashimi, D. Babayani, M. Khaleghi. “Evaluating wind energy Potential in Gorgan-Iran, using two methods of Weibull distribution Function, International Journal of Renewable Energy Development, Vol. 5,1, PP. 43-48 , 2016. DOI:10.14710/ijred.5.1.43-48
. H.-J. Wagner. ” Introduction to wind energy systems, The European Physical Journal Conferences, Vol. 148, (2017). DOI: 10.1051/epjconf/201714800011
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.