“The Relationship Between High Fashion Brand’s Image, and Customer’s Behavior”
AbstractShopping is all about marketing and presentation of merchandise. High Fashion Brands study the market and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on advertising to create a mood or presentation of a certain concept, hoping that the customers will end up buying their products. These carefully considered campaigns aspire to raise an emotional state that lingers long after the purchase is finalized. A good example; is the budget American shoe brand “Payless” that wanted to raise its profile for the past holiday season, as it decided to play a prank and mimic the approach taken by high-end designer stores, even though only for a few days [The National, Dec, 2, 2018]. As the Payless shoes pranks social-media influencers with fake high-end brand Palessi (1). As the budget store posed as a fictional designer Italian label for six days, that proved that customers are psychologically affected by the display, and merchandising layout, location, and can change their perspective about the product accordingly. This research paper is going to investigate the psychology behind the relationship between High Fashion brands’ image and customer’s behavior, and how this relationship can affect the customer’s choices and buying habits.
Sara Moisey, Dec 2, 2018. https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/fashion/payless-shoes-pranks-social-media-influencers-with-fake-high-end-brand-palessi-1.798306
Vox, Katlyn Tiffany, November 30, 2018. https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/11/30/18119773/payless-shoesource-fake-luxury-store-hoax-branding
CNN Business News, Jordan Valinsky, November 29, 2018. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/29/business/payless-fake-store/index.html
Journal of consumer psychology, Nov 21, 2011. http://www.sfu.ca/~zaichkow/How%20we%20relate%20to%20brands.pdf
Y Zang, Jan 16, 2015, https://file.scirp.org/pdf/OJBM_2015011615441425.pdf
AZ central, Lorna Hordes, May 3, 2018. https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/can-advertising-affect-consumers-4838.html
Wealthx, Sep 28, 2017. https://www.wealthx.com/intelligence-centre/exclusive-content/2017/measuring-luxury-brand-equity-3-market-research-tips/
Luxe Digital, Florine Eppe Beauloye, Oct 2018. https://luxe.digital/digital-luxury-ranking/most-popular-luxury-brands/
MIC, Rachel Lubitz, March, 16, 2017. https://mic.com/articles/171332/dior-is-selling-a-cotton-we-should-all-be-feminists-t-shirt-it-s-710#.OCXUCYgNS
Vogue, Emily Farra, Oct 5, 2018 https://www.vogue.com/article/spring-2019-street-style-trends
Independent, Olivia Petter, Aug 2, 2018 independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/burberry-new-logo-riccardo-tisci-monogram-design-peter-saville-a8474681.html
Explore, In Style, Steffi Lee. https://www.instyle.com/holidays-occasions/bulgari-see-my-wish-campaign
Sharon Kwak, Oct 23, 2018. https://www.marketing-interactive.com/generation-z-consumers-are-online-big-spenders-for-luxury-goods-survey-reports/
C News, Jan 30, 2019, consultancy.asia. https://www.consultancy.asia/news/1901/occ-survey-of-15000-consumers-uncovers-distinct-gen-z-characteristic
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.