Kinetin and Nitrogen in Agronomic Characteristics of Soybean
AbstractThe objective of this work was to evaluate the application of kinetin associated with nitrogen in coverage on the agronomic characteristics and soybean yield. In the 2016/2017 harvest, a 6x2 factorial scheme was used, six doses of kinetin (0; 0.30; 0.60; 0.90; 1.20; 1.50 g ha−1) and two doses of N (20 and 40 kg ha−1) and in the 2017/2018 harvest, factorial scheme 5x2 was used, five doses of kinetin (0; 0.25; 0.75; 1.00; 1.25 g ha−1) and two doses of N (20 and 40 kg ha−1). Agronomic plant height characteristics, first pod insertion height, number of grains per plant, number of pods per plant, number of grains per pod, number of grains per pod, hundred-grain mass and grain yield were evaluated. The use of N alone and associated with kinetin increased the number of pods and grains in the 2016/2017 harvest. In the 2017/2018 crop, kinetin caused a reduction of 8.9% at plant height and N caused an increase in plant height and first pod insertion and reduced the number of pods and grains per plant, grains per pods and productivity.
SHARMA, Krishna P.; DYBING, C. Dean; LAY, C. Soybean Flower Abortion: Genetics and Impact of Selection on Seed Yield. Crop Science, v. 30, n. 5, p. 1017–1022, 1990.
JIANG, Hongfei; EGLI, D. B. Shade Induced Changes in Flower and Pod Number and Flower and Fruit Abscission in Soybean. Agronomy Journal, v. 85, n. 2, p. 221, 1993.
WEIBOLD, William J. Rescue of Soybean Flowers Destined to Abscise. Agronomy Journal, v. 82, n. 1, p. 85–88, 1990.
KOKUBUN, Makie; HONDA, Ichiro. Intra-Raceme Variation in Pod-Set Probability Is Associated with Cytokinin Content in Soybeans. Plant Production Science, v. 3, n. 4, p. 354–359, 2000.
YASHIMA, Yumi; KAIHATSU, Azusa; NAKAJIMA, Takayuki; et al. Effects of Source/Sink Ratio and Cytokinin Application on Pod Set in Soybean. Plant Production Science, v. 8, n. 2, p. 139–144, 2005.
LIU, Fulai; JENSEN, Christian R.; ANDERSEN, Mathias N. Pod set related to photosynthetic rate and endogenous ABA in soybeans subjected to different water regimes and exogenous ABA and BA at early reproductive stages. Annals of Botany, v. 94, n. 3, p. 405–411, 2004.
NONOKAWA, Kaori; KOKUBUN, Makie; NAKAJIMA, Takayuki; et al. Roles of Auxin and Cytokinin in Soybean Pod Setting. Plant Production Science, v. 10, n. 2, p. 199–206, 2007.
PASSOS, Alexandre Martins Abdão dos; REZENDE, Pedro Milanez de; CARVALHO, Eudes de Arruda; et al. Cinetina e nitrato de potássio em características agronômicas de soja. Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira, v. 43, n. 7, p. 925–928, 2008.
HARE, P D; CRESS, W A; STADEN, J Van. The involvement of cytokinins in plant responses to environmental stress. Plant Growth Regulation, v. 23, p. 79–103, 1997.
CUQUEL, Francine Lorena; CLARK, David G. Horticultural performance of transgenic Petunia x hybrid plants containing the PSAG12-ipt gene grown under nutritional deficiency. Rev. Bras. Hortic. Ornam., v. 7, n. 1, p. 41–48, 2001
SHIBLES, R M. Soybean nitrogen acquisition and utilization. In: Proceedings of the North Central Extension-Industry Soil Fertility Conference, 28. St. Louis: Potash e Phosphate Inst., Brookings, SD., 1998, p. 5–11.
GAN, Yinbo; STULEN, Ineke; VAN KEULEN, Herman; et al. Effect of N fertilizer top-dressing at various reproductive stages on growth, N2 fixation and yield of three soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) genotypes. Field Crops Research, v. 80, n. 2, p. 147–155, 2003.
CRISPINO, Carla Cripa; FRANCHINI, Julio Cezar; MORAES, José Zucca; et al. Adubação Nitrogenada na Cultura da Soja. Comunicado Técnico, 75 - Embrapa soja, p. 6, 2001
MENDES, I.D.C.; DOS REIS JR., F.B.; HUNGRIA, Mariangela; et al. Late supplemental nitrogen fertilization on soybean cropped in Cerrado Oxisols | Adubação nitrogenada suplementar tardia em soja cultivada em latossolos do Cerrado. Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira, v. 43, n. 8, p. 1053–1060, 2008.
FEHR, Walter R; CAVINESS, Charles E. Stages of soybean development. Special Report., v. 87, 1977.
FERREIRA, Daniel Furtado. Sisvar: Um sistema computacional de análise estatística. Ciencia e Agrotecnologia, 2011.
LA MENZA, Nicolas Cafaro; MONZON, Juan Pablo; SPECHT, James E.; et al. Is soybean yield limited by nitrogen supply? Field Crops Research, v. 213, n. May, p. 204–212, 2017.
LOOMIS, Robert S.; CONNOR, David J. Nitrogen processes. In: Crop Ecology: Productivity and Management in Agricultural Systems. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992, p. 195–223.
CAMPESTRINI, Raphael. Regulador de crescimento e nitrogênio como prática de manejo na cultura da soja. Dissertação. Universidade Federal do Tocantins, 2015.
TAIZ, Lincoln; ZEIGER, Eduardo; MOLLER, Ian Max; et al. Fisiologia e desenvolvimento vegetal. Porto Alegre: Artmed, 2017.
HUNGRIA, Mariangela; FRANCHINI, Julio C; CAMPO, Rubens J; et al. Nitrogen nutrition of soybean in Brazil: Contributions of biological N2 fixation and N fertilizer to grain yield. Canadian Journal of Plant Science, v. 86, n. 4, p. 927–939, 2006.
BORTOLON, Leandro; BORTOLON, Elisandra Solange Oliveira; CAMARGO, Francelino Peteno de; et al. Yield and nutrient uptake of soybean cultivars under intensive cropping systems. Journal of Agricultural Science, v. 10, n. 12, p. 344–357, 2018.
MOTERLE, Lia Mara; DOS SANTOS, Renato Frederico; E BRACCINI, Alessandro de Lucca; et al. Efeito da aplicação de biorregulador no desempenho agronômico e produtividade da soja. Acta Scientiarum - Agronomy, v. 30, n. 5, p. 701–709, 2008.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.