Brain Cancer Detection Using U-Shaped Slot VIVALDI Antenna and Confocal Radar Based Microwave Imaging Algorithm
AbstractVIVALDI antenna has been designed to work at frequency band [2.33-7.09] GHz with a maximum gain of 6.62dB. The antenna performance has been improved by creating a U-shaped slot on the upper layer of the antenna. etching U shape slot provides an improvement of 35.28% in return loss, 2.7% in bandwidth and 10% in gain. Spherical head phantom which consists of four layers whose dielectric properties have been compatible with their natural values has been designed by CST package to test the efficiency of antenna in the microwave imaging systems .1g average speciﬁc absorption rate (SAR) values has been measured in case the human brain without tumor and achieved international healthy standards. After that, it has been measured the value of SAR in case the human brain with tumor and observed that SAR value increased. Finally, monostatic radar-based confocal microwave imaging algorithm has been used to reconstruct image which appeared tumor location inside the head phantom. MATLAB software has been used to process data that obtained by CST package and generate the tumor image.
F.S.G.B. Barnes ,Handbook of Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Fields, CRC/Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fl, USA, 2007.
D. A. Shtoda, E. A. Antonenko and N. P. Mustetsov, "Possibilities of microwave imaging in medicine,"2016 8th International Conference on Ultrawideband and Ultrashort Impulse Signals (UWBUSIS), Odessa, 2016, pp. 175-178.
H. Zhang, B. Flynn, A. T. Erdogan and T. Arslan, "Microwave imaging for brain tumour detection using an UWB Vivaldi Antenna array," 2012 Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference (LAPC), Loughborough, 2012, pp. 1-4.
R. Inum, M. M. Rana, K. N. Shushama, M. A. Quader, "EBG based microstrip patch antenna for brain tumor detection via scattering parameters in microwave imaging system", Int. J. Biomed. Imag., vol. 2018, 2018, [online] Available: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijbi/2018/8241438/.
M. A. jamlos, W.A. Mustafa, W. Khairunizam, I. Zunaidi, Z. M. Razlan, and A. B. Shahriman,” Tumor Detection via Speciﬁc Absorption Rate Technique Using Ultra-Wideband Antenna,” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol.557, ,2019,[online] Available: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/557/1/012024.
Mobashsher A. T., "Wideband microwave imaging system for brain injury diagnosis", 2016.
Abtahi Sh., Development of UWB antenna for stroke diagnosis, Master’s Thesis, department of signal and system Chalmers University of Technology 2011
M. Moosazadeh and S. Kharkovsky, "Design of Ultra-Wideband Antipodal Vivaldi Antenna for Microwave Imaging Applications," 2015 IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband (ICUWB), Montreal, QC, 2015, pp. 1-4.
M. Y. Perdana, T. Hariyadi, Y. Wahyu, Design of Vivaldi Microstrip Antenna for Ultra-Wideband Radar Applications, pp. 012058, 2017.
W. N. A. W. A. Khairuddin, M. A. Othman, M. S. N. Azizi, M. Yaakob, M. H. Ramli, "Bandwidth enhancement of Vivaldi antenna using triangular shaped slots", Jurnal Teknologi, vol. 78, no. 6-3, pp. 121-125, 2016.
N. Vignesh, G.A. Sathish, Kumar. R. Brindha, "Design and Development of a Tapered Slot Vivaldi Antenna for Ultra-Wide Band Application", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 4, no. 5, May 2014.
L. Belrhiti, F. Riouch, A. Tribak, J. Terhzaz, Angel Mediavilla Sanchez, "Investigation of dosimetry in four human head models for planar monopole antenna with a coupling feed for LTE/WWAN/WLAN internal mobile phone", Journal of Microwaves Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, vol. 16, 2017.
Z. ABDUL-SATTAR, "Experimental Analysis on Effectiveness of Confocal Algorithm for Radar Based Breast Cancer Detection " Durham University, 2012.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.