Creative Chaos Theory Inductive Method for Viewing Information from an Applied Research
AbstractThis research proposes a theory that arises from the common sphere of design and communication. It provides an inductive method to manage an initial workflow to determine and thoroughly describe the information surrounding a specific area of research. To seek answers, we find useful: How to start a research work? And how to define a study problem?; since these are questions that usually appear in the initial stage of research and put pressure on most occasions, causing doubts when interpreting an apparently disorganized information chaos that we do not understand. The Creative Chaos Theory describes the use of a qualitative algorithm, consisting of ten sequential stages, so that the researcher develops them in order to represent an abstract graphic scheme to orderly and hierarchically place the information. This theory allows to: explore the area of research from a proper perspective; describe, sort and rank information according to its relevance; propose the definition of a specific contextual framework; determine a study problem; and, later, develop its investigation until the writing of the research memory.
R. Mir, S. Jain. “Embracing a Constructed Boundary - Mapping Qualitative Research in Organizational Studies” in The Routledge Companion to Qualitative Research in Organization Studies, 1stedition, Raja Mir and Sanjay Jain Ed., Routledge - Taylor & Francis, N.Y., 2017, 1-18
F. Moreira da Silva, “Investigar em design versus investigar pela prática do design um novo desafio científico” INGEPRO- Inovação, Gestão e Produção, Vol. 2, nº 4., 2010.
R. Pozo-Puértolas, J.M. Martinez-Bouza, Investigación Aplicada en Diseño, Cuatro ensayos académicos. 2a ed. ISEC Lisboa / EdCPG, Barcelona-Lisboa, 2019.
R. Pozo-Puértolas. La estética gráfica de un libro impreso. Una exploración en la temática de ficción narrativa. grafica, [S.l.], v. 7, n. 14, p. 93-102, jul. 2019. ISSN 2014-9298. Disponible en: <https://revistes.uab.cat/grafica/article/view/v7-n14-pozo>. Fecha de acceso: 04 feb. 2020 doi:https://doi.org/10.5565/rev/grafica.142.
M. Prince, R. Felder, “The Many Faces of Inductive Teaching and Learning” Journal of College Science Teaching, vol 36, No 5, p.14-20, 2007.
J. Costa La forma de las ideas. 1ed. Madrid. Joan Costa Experimenta. (2008).
R. Hernandéz, C. Fernandéz, M.P. Batista, Metodología de la Investigación. 5ª ed. México: McGraw Hill Educación, 2010.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.