An Intelligent Obstacle and Edge Recognition System using Bug Algorithm
AbstractObstacle avoidance is an important task in robotics as the autonomous robot's aim is to reach the destination without collision. One type of autonomous robot that can detect obstacles and edges and take alternative paths free of obstacles and edges is a real-time obstacle avoiding edge detection robot. This paper proposes a robotic Robot with an intelligence built into it that guides itself whenever an obstacle comes along its way by bug algorithm. This robotic Robot is constructed using AT mega 8 families’ micro-controller (Arduino Uno R3). The ultrasonic sensor is used to detect any obstacle with edges and sends a command to the microcontroller. The micro-controller, based on the received input signal, redirects the robot to push in an alternative direction by actuating the motors that are interfaced with it via a motor driver. Depending on the situation the robot is able to choose the correct path . A decision making process of obstacle avoiding edge detection occurs spontaneously here. This robot was designed to think about its day-to-day potentialities.
Khatib, O., Real-Time Obstacle Avoidance for Manipulators and MobileRobots,. 5, 1986. The International Journal of Robotics Research: p. 90-98.
Z. Yi, Y. Khing, C. Chin Seng, and Z. Xiao Wei, “Multiultrasonic sensor fusion for mobile robots”, Proceedings of intelligent vehicle symposium, pp. 387-391, 2000.
M. ohaib, S.M Pasha, N. Javaid, J Iqbal, “Intelligent Bug Algorithm (IBA): A Novel Strategy to Navigate Mobile Robots Autonomously”
J.C. Baker, A Simon, “Sensor and navigation data fusion for an autonomous guided vehicle”, Proceedings of Intelligent vehicle symposium, pp. 156-161, 2000.
Buniyamin N., Wan Ngah W.A.J., Sariff N., Mohamad Z., “A Simple Local Path Planning Algorithm for Autonomous Mobile Robots”, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS, ENGINEERING & DEVELOPMENT, Issue 2, Volume 5, 2011
G.D. Hager, Z. Dodds, “Robotic Motion Planning: Bug Algorithms”, unpublished.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.