Antioxidant and Tyrosinase Enzyme Inhibition Activity of Lime Peel and Seed Ethanol Extract
AbstractUV Light exposure and Oxidative stress can cause the accumulation of free radicals and increase melanogenesis. The various herbal plant enriches Indonesia. One of them is lime that content various phytochemicals. This study was aimed to explore antioxidants property and tyrosinase enzyme inhibition activity of lime peel and lime seed. This study used ethanol extract from lime peel and seed. The antioxidant activity was evaluated by the ABTS reduction assay, while tyrosinase enzyme inhibitor activity by tyrosinase enzyme from fungi. The results of this study showed that the IC50 Value of Lime Seed (14.09 ± 0.88 µg/mL) was lower than lime peel (20.16 ± 0.23 µg/mL). Meanwhile, the IC50 value against tyrosine enzyme of Lime Peel (34.23 ± 0.93 µg/mL) was lower than lime seed (67.88 ± 3.73µg/mL). Hence lime peels potentially become a tyrosinase enzyme inhibitor agent while the lime seed has better antioxidant potential than the peel.
X. Lai, H. J. Wichers, M. Soler-Lopez, dan B. W. Dijkstra, “Structure and Function of Human Tyrosinase and Tyrosinase-Related Proteins,” Chem. - A Eur. J., vol. 24, no. 1, 2018.
T. Pillaiyar, M. Manickam, dan V. Namasivayam, “Skin whitening agents: Medicinal chemistry perspective of tyrosinase inhibitors,” J. Enzyme Inhib. Med. Chem., vol. 32, no. 1, hal. 403–425, 2017.
S. A. N. D’Mello, G. J. Finlay, B. C. Baguley, dan M. E. Askarian-Amiri, “Signaling pathways in melanogenesis,” Int. J. Mol. Sci., vol. 17, no. 7, hal. 1–18, 2016.
P. A. Malagrino et al., “Proteome analysis of acute kidney injury – Discovery of new predominantly renal candidates for biomarker of kidney disease,” J. Proteomics, 2017.
Z. J. Liu, Y. L. Wang, Q. L. Li, dan L. Yang, “Improved antimelanogenesis and antioxidant effects of polysaccharide from Cuscuta chinensis Lam seeds after enzymatic hydrolysis,” Brazilian J. Med. Biol. Res. = Rev. Bras. Pesqui. medicas e Biol., vol. 51, no. 7, hal. e7256, 2018.
Kemendagri, “Obat Herbal Tradisional,” War. Ekspor, no. September 2014, hal. 1–20, 2014.
S. Dalimartha dan F. Adrian, Ramuan Herbal Tumpas Penyakit. Jakarta: Penebar Swadaya, 2013.
R. Budiarto, R. Poerwanto, E. Santosa, dan D. Efendi, “The Potentials of Limau (Citrus amblycarpa Hassk . Ochse) as a Functional Food and Ornamental Mini Tree based on Metabolomic and Morphological Approaches,” Singap. J. Trop. Geogr., vol. 4, no. 2, hal. 49–57, 2017.
W. Widowati et al., “Green Tea Extract Protects Endothelial Progenitor Cells from Oxidative Insult through Reduction of Intracellular Reactive Oxygen Species Activity,” Iran. J. Basic Med. Sci., vol. 17, no. 9, hal. 702–709, 2014.
W. Widowati et al., “Antioxidant and Anti Aging Assays of Oryza sativa Extracts, Vanillin and Coumaric Acid,” J. Nat. Remedies, 2016.
W. Widowati et al., “Antioxidant and antiaging assays of Hibiscus sabdariffa extract and its compounds,” Nat. Prod. Sci., vol. 23, no. 3, hal. 192–200, 2017.
W. Widowati et al., “Antioxidant and antiaging activities of Jasminum sambac extract, and its compounds,” J. Reports Pharm. Sci., vol. 7, no. 3, hal. 270–285, 2018.
M. Charissa, D. Joshita, dan B. Elya, “Uji Aktivitas Antioksidan dan Penghambatan Tirosinase serta Uji Manfaat Gel Ekstrak Kulit Batang Taya (Nauclea subdita) terhadap Kulit,” J. Kefarmasian Indones., vol. 6, no. 2, hal. 98–107, 2017.
F. Pintus, D. Spanò, A. Corona, dan R. Medda, “Antityrosinase activity of Euphorbia characias extracts,” PeerJ, vol. 3, no. e1305, hal. 1–14, 2015.
Stevenie, E. Girsang, A. N. Nasution, dan I. N. E. Lister, “Comparison Activities of Peel and Extract of Lime ( Citrus amblycarpa ) as Antioxidant and Antielastase,” Am. Sci. Res. J. Eng. Technol. Sci., vol. 57, no. 1, hal. 77–84, 2019.
K. K. Nannapaneni, K. A. Subbiah, K. Ayyanar, dan A. Damodarasamy, “Tyrosinase inhibitory potential of phytochemicals and mycomolecules,” Int. J. Green Pharm., vol. 10, no. 4, hal. 1–7, 2016.
M. Apriliani, A. M. Ramadhan, dan L. Rijai, “Aktivitas Antibakteri Ekstrak Daun Jeruk Sambal (Citrus microcarpa) Terhadap Beberapa Bakteri Patogen,” in Proceeding of Mulawarman Pharmaceuticals Conferences, 2017, hal. 157–164.
A. Kusumaningrum, “Aktivitas Minyak Atsiri Kulit Buah Jeruk Sambal (Citrus microcarpa) sebagai Repelan Terhadap Nyamuk Aedes aegypti L. dengan Metode Whopes,” J. Mhs. Farm. Fak. Kedokt. UNTAN, vol. 2, no. 1, 2015.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.