Analysis of Protein Content, Spectrophotometry FT-IR, and Antibacterial Effects of Earthworm (Eudriluseugenia)
AbstractThis research to compare effectiveness of coelomic fluid and extract ethanol of Eudriluseugeniae against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli as antibacterial. Suggest that protein on Eudriluseugeniae have antibacterial activity.Experimental laboratory with analytical statistic Mann- Whitney with following step of research: (1) Determination of earthworm, (2) Cold shock methods modification to get coelomic fluid, (3) Maceration ethanol 70 % of Eudriluseugeniae.(4) Determination protein content with Kjehdahl methods, (5) Identification absorbance infrared by spectrophotometry FT-IR .(7) Antibacterial assay using disc diffusion against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli.The result of this study showed that protein content of coelomic fluid (1.875 %)were higher than ethanol extract (0.437%) of Eudrilus eugenia. Coelomic liquid had no functional group in the chemical compound. However, the ethanol extract showed some functional group includes aliphatic, ethanol, and Amide A group. The antibacterial effect against Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus from ethanol extract or coelomic liquid of Eudriluseugeniae were similar at equal concentration. It due to p value of analysis was lower than 0.05.Coelomic liquid and ethanol extract had similar antibacterial effects against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli.
N. K. S. S. Ningsih dan T. Setyawati, “Perbandingan Efektivitas Antibiotik (Ciprofloxacin, Cefotaximen, Ampicilin, Ceftazidime, dan Meropenem) terhadap Bakteri Staphylococcus auerues Penyebab Ulkus Diabetik Metode Kiirby-Bauer,” J. Ilm. Kedokt., vol. 3, no. 2, hal. 1–11, 2016.
B. Chudlori, M. Kuswandi, dan P. Indrayudha, “Pola kuman dan resistensinya terhadap antibiotika dari spesimen pus di RSUD Dr. Moewardi,” J. Farm. Indones., vol. 13, no. 2, hal. 70–76, 2012.
M. F. AL-Marjani, K. A. Kadhim, A. A. Kadhim, dan A. A. Y. Kinani, “Ciprofloxacin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from patients in Baghdad,” Int J Pharm Sci Res, vol. 6, no. 2, hal. 382–385, 2015.
G. Ayundini dan N. P. Adi, “Penggunaan Antibiotik Topikal sebagai Alternatif Terapi Ulkus Kaki Diabetik,” eJournal Kedokt. Indones., vol. 2, no. 2, hal. 7–10, 2014.
E. L. Cooper et al., “Earthworms dilong: Ancient, inexpensive, noncontroversial models may help clarify approaches to integrated medicine emphasizing neuroimmune systems,” Evidence-based Complement. Altern. Med., vol. 2012, hal. 1–11, 2012.
J. A. Kanis, E. V. McCloskey, H. Johansson, C. Cooper, R. Rizzoli, dan J. Y. Reginster, “European guidance for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women,” Osteoporos. Int., 2013.
Z. Sun, “Earthworm as a biopharmaceutical: from traditional to precise,” Eur. J. Biomed. Res., vol. 1, no. 2, hal. 28–35, 2015.
N. Mathur, G. C. Jain, dan G. Pandey, “Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Earthworm Extracts,” Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Res., vol. 2, no. 2, hal. 278–281, 2011.
C. Esaivani, K. Vasanthi, dan A. J. . R. Singh, “An Investigation on Antimicrobial Potency of Coelomic Fluid of Earthworm Eudrilus eugeniae,” Br. J. Med. Heal. Res., vol. 4, no. 4, hal. 18–27, 2017.
P. S. Chauhan, J. Tomar, G. B. K. S. Prasad, dan O. P. Agrawal, “Evaluation of antimicrobial activity if earthworm tissue extract of Eudrilus eugeniae,” J. Chem. Pharm. Res., vol. 6, no. 8, hal. 28–38, 2014.
S. Reddy dan R. Kale, “Antimicrobial potency of earthworm, Eudrilus eugeniae on certain plant pathogens,” Jan 2007.
J. Waluyo, B. Sugiharto, dan C. Zaini, “Purifikasi dan Karakterisasi Protein Antibakteri dari Pheretima javanica ( Purification and Characterization of Antibacterial Protein from Pheretima javanica ),” J. Ilmu Dasar, vol. 8, no. 1, hal. 37–44, 2007.
H. Rosaini, R. Rasyid, dan V. Hagramida, “Penetapan Kadar Protein Secara Kjehdahl Beberapa Makanan Olahan Kerang Remis (Corbiculla moltkiana Prime) dari Danau Singkarak,” J. Farm. Higea, vol. 7, no. 2, hal. 120–127, 2015.
Copyright (c) 2020 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.