Pixel Arrangement and Mapping Algorithm for Improving Saturation and Brightness
AbstractWith the increasing demand for display effects and resolution in the display market, the traditional RGBW permutation has defects such as reduced display saturation and poor image restoration. A new sub-pixel arrangement is designed for these defects, reducing the number of white pixels W and adding yellow pixels Y, which reduces the influence of white pixels on surrounding pixels compared to the conventional RGBW structure. According to the new arrangement method, two new mapping algorithms are designed, and the saturation concept is introduced. The yellow component and the white component are adjusted by the saturation change to effectively improve the image saturation. The simulation shows that the new mapping algorithm (1) has a higher degree of restoration on the image and increases the saturation by 10%. The new mapping algorithm (2) can improve the brightness based on maintaining the high saturation of the original image.
Zhang Yuezong, Li Chunxia, Wang Ruichun, et al. “Research on the Gamut of TV with Direct Illumination LED Backlight.” Optoelectronic Technology, 34(01), pp.26-30,2014.
Hammer M, Hinnen K J G. “Local luminance boost-ing of an RGBW LCD.” Iournal of Display Technology, 10(1), pp.33-42,2014.
Pan Dingping. “A Study on Characteristics and Assessment for Mapping Algorithms of RGBW Display.” Beijing Institute of Technology, 2016.
Yoon H J, Lee J H, Hong K P, et al. “Development of the RGBW TFT-LCD with data rendering innovation matrix(DRIM).”SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers.Blackwell Publishing Ltd,2005, pp.244-247.
Lai C C, Tsai C C. “A modified stripe-RGNW TFT-LCD with image processing engine for mobile phone dispay.” IEEE Transaction on Consumer Electronics, 53(4), pp.1628-1633,2007.
Yan Limin, Wang Ziming. “Improvement of RGBW Sub-Pixel Arrangement and Color Gamut Mapping Optimization Algorithm.” Laser & Optoelectronics Progress, 55(10), pp.151-157,2018.
Yao Hongtao, Fan Wei. “A Modified RGB to RGBW Signal Mapping Algorithm.” Journal of Changchun University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), 41(01), pp.119-122+126, 2018.
K. J. Kwon and Y. H. Kim. “Scene-adaptive RGB-to-RGBW conversion using retinex theory-based color preservation.” Display Technol. vol. 8 no. 12 pp. 684-694 Dec. 2012.
Feng Jun, Yan Limin, Chen Jing. “A Color Gamut Optimization Algorithm for RGB to RGBW Conversation.” Optoelectronic Technology, 35(02), pp.135-139+143,2015.
Hirano Satoshi. “Liquid crystal display apparatus.” Europe-an Patent.WO0137249, May.25,2001.
Biao Pan, Jialei Yuan, Xinhui Zhong, et al. “New RGBW Mapping Algorithm for High‐Quality‐Image LCDs.” SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, 48(1),2017.
Feng Jun, Yan Limin, Xia Mingzhi. “A Multi-primary Sub-pixel Rendering Algorithm Improving Image Brightness.” Optoelectronic Technology, 36(03), pp.173-179,2016.
S. Kim H.-J. Lee. “A design of a cost-effective look-up table for RGB-to-RGBW conversion.” APCCAS pp. 188-191, Oct. 2016.
Song Pengcheng, Wen Shangsheng, Chen Yingcong. “Research on Color Mixing Based on RGBW-LEDs.” Acta Optica Sinica, 35(09), pp.313-321,2015.
Zhou Liping, Chen Chaoliang, Gao Wanrong. “Interpixel Shift Technique for Increasing Imaging Depth of Frequency Domain Optical Coherence Tomography.” Laser & Optoelectronics Exhibition, 52(02), pp.200-207,2015.
BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. “Image conversion method and device for RGB signal to RGBW signal.”103218988B, Feb.25,2015.
Bongjoe Kim; Kyuha Choi. “Color contrast enhanced RGBW conversion.” 2015 IEEE 4th Global Conference on Consumer Electronics (GCCE), vol. 10, pp.27-30,2015.
Yanhui Xi,Bin Dai,Yan Sun. “New RGBW Mapping Algorithm with Minimized Color Distortion.” SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, vol. 49,2018.
S.Kim,H.-J.Lee. “A design of a cost-effective look-up table for RGB-to-RGBW conversion.” APCCAS, vol. 10, pp.188-191,2016.
Hu Peng, Qi Qi, Chen Renwei. “Comparison and analysis of RGB and RGBW display technology and suggestions for 4K standardization.” Video Engineering, 41 (Z3), pp.145-149,2017.
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.