Improving the Vietnamese Academic Research Quality at People’s Police Academies and Universities in the Present Period
AbstractImproving training quality at universities, in general, and at police academies, in particular, has always been associated with quality of scientific research. This largely depends on the academic research quality, which plays a decisive role in the fundamental and comprehensive education renewal and especially in people’s police education and training. Lecturers at People’s Police Academies and Universities, besides having favorable conditions in their process of scientific research, have confronted a lot of difficulties. This article is an attempt to deal with special features of scientific research at those institutions, discuss measures in order to improve research quality, and promote academics' research activities at people’s police institutions in the present period. Mixed methods were used as the data collection for this research, through questionnaires and in-depth interviews, to clarify and explain the initial findings and suggested solutions.
F. Taylor (2008), The Principles of Scientific Management, BiblioLife
Harold Koontz-Cyril Odonell-Heiz Weihrich (2002), Essentials of management.
OECD (2004), University Research Management, edited by Helen Connell
Parker (2008), Comparing researching and teaching in university promotion criteria, Higher Education Quarterly, Vol 62, page 237-252.
Ministry of Public Security, Report No. 5094 / X11 (X14), June 28, 2011 on Summary of 40 Years of Higher Education in People's Public Security Forces.
Ministry of Public Security, Circular No. 11/2012 / TT-BCA, dated March 8, 2012, on the Management of Science and Technology Tasks in the People's Public Security Forces.,
Ministry of Public Security, Circular No. 35/2013 / TT-BCA dated July 19, 2013 Regulations on the Development of Educational Programs, Compilation of Teaching Textbooks and Teaching Materials in the People's Public Security Forces.
Ministry of Public Security (X02), Document of Conference on Implementation of Mission Program for the 2018-2019 School Year in the People's Police forces.
Ministry of Public Security, Circular No. 57/2010/TT, dated 14 December 2010, on Regulating the Working Regime of Teaching and Training Titles in Police Academy, Universities and Colleges.
The Central Police's Party Committee, Resolution No. 17 of October 28, 2014 on Basic and Comprehensive Renovation in Education in People's Public Security.
The Communist Party of Vietnam, Documents of 11th National Convention of Delegates, page 41
Vuong Thi Ngoc Hue (2016), “Managing Scientific Research at People's Police Academies and Universities”, PhD thesis, The Vietnam National Institute of Educational Sciences, 101 Tran Hung Dao, Hoan Kiem dist., Hanoi, Vietnam.
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.