Modelling Infectious Diseases Using Markov Chain
AbstractThis study is one of the few that has dwell on the application of Markov Chain in modeling infectious diseases in Nigeria. The study takes a look at the environmental factors that leads to the spread of infectious diseases. This research estimates the transition pattern of the diseases, Testing the Markovian property, and how stationary the process is over the study period, the study concluded that the past history of infectious diseases will affect the future through the present state and recommended that government still need to do more in the area of sensitization and fight against infectious diseases.
D. C. Lay, S. R. Lay and J. J. McDonald. "Finite-State Markov Chains" (Download Only) for Linear Algebra and Its Applications” in Linear Algebra and its Applications, 5th Edition, Pearson, United States; 2016.
C. H. Jackson, L. D. Sharples, S. G. Thompson, S. W. Duffy and E. Couto. “Multistate Models for Disease progression with classification error. Based on Markov Processes Method of Estimating Rates of Transition between Stages of Diseases”. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series, 52(2), pp.193-209, July, 2003.
J. V. Ross and T. Taimre. “The Analysis of Hospital Infection Data using Markov Chain Models” Kings College, Cambridge, U.K. and Department of Mathematics, University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia, 2006.
A. Eisenberg. “The Application of Markov Chain Monte Carlo to Infectious Diseases”. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Vol.6 (7), March, 2011.
W.H.O. Manual; The public health management of chemical incidents (2009).
K. Arnand, Y. Kapil, K. Manmeet and K. Rajesh. “Epidemology to public health intervention for preventing cardiovascular diseases: the role of translational research” Indian Journal of Medical Research, 132(5): pp. 643-650, Nov., 2010.
Epidemic (August 4, 2019). in Wikipedia. Retrieved September 11, 2019 from http://en.wiki/Epidemic
Arnoldo and Bernd, Markov Chains: Department of Biostatistics, University of Oslo, Norway and Department of Econometrics, Vrije University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2015.
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.