Alternatives for Storing and Validating XBRL Data
AbstractThe purpose of this article is to explore the alternatives for storing and validating data in Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) format. The article gives a brief overview of XBRL and the most common components, the history of XBRL and the latest trends in XBRL including Inline XBRL. Simple examples are provided in order to describe the XBRL format and structure and Inline XBRL. The author builds on his previous research and professional experience in the area of XBRL and different XBRL software tools and concepts to outline the best solutions for solving the research problem - storing and validating XBRL instances. The research is significant because it analyzes combined information from different XBRL related sources and the author’s practical knowledge to reach a conclusion how to store and validate data in XBRL format.
S. Grimslay. “What Is Financial Data? - Definition & Concept Video”, Study.com: https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-financial-data-definition-lesson-quiz.html, Jan. 24, 2018 [Oct. 20, 2019].
S. Yordanova, K. Stefanova, 2019, “Major technologies and practical aspects of the digital transformation of business in a big data environment”, Business Management, D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics, Svishtov, Bulgaria, issue 1 Year 20, pages 5-24.
P. Milev, 2018, “Opportunities for Implementing Internet Monitoring in Public Organizations”, Economic and Social Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, Issue 2, pages 58-69, April, ISSN 1314-6556.
S. Roohani, “What is the History of XBRL?”, XBRL Education: http://www.xbrleducation.com/edu/history.htm, 2008 [Oct. 20, 2019]
Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) 2.1, XBRL.org: http://www.xbrl.org/Specification/XBRL-2.1/REC-2003-12-31/XBRL-2.1-REC-2003-12-31+corrected-errata-2013-02-20.html [Oct. 20, 2019]
EIOPA Solvency II Directive, EIOPA: https://eiopa.europa.eu/regulation-supervision/insurance/solvency-ii [Oct. 20, 2019]
What is iXBRL? Differences between XBRL and iXBRL, DataTracks: https://www.datatracks.co.uk/ixbrl-blog/what-is-ixbrl, Mar. 20, 2012 [Oct.20, 2019]
XBRL Tool for Undertakings (T4U), EIOPA: https://eiopa.europa.eu/regulation-supervision/insurance/tool-for-undertakings [Oct. 20, 2019]
Arelle – Open source XBRL platform, http://arelle.org/ [Oct. 20, 2019]
Notes on the Processing of Large XBRL Instances 1.0, XBRL.org: https://www.xbrl.org/WGN/large-instance-processing/WGN-2012-10-31/large-instance-processing-WGN-WGN-2012-10-31.html [Oct. 20, 2019]
UNLOCKING XBRL CONTENT, An effective database solution for storing and accessing XBRL documents, An Oracle & UBmatrix Whitepaper, Sep 2009, https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/xmldb/unlockingxbrlcontent-130016.pdf [Oct. 20, 2019]
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.