Histology Study of Liver Changes Paracetamol-Induced Wistar Rats Treated with Sunkist (Citrus sinensis L. Osbeck) Extract
AbstractUnclear and high incidence and prevalence of hepatitis over the world. The peels extract of Citrus sinensis is riched in various phytochemical compound which may have antioxidant effects. This study is aimed to investigae the protection effect of ethanol extract from Citrus sinensis by histologic study of liver tissues in paracetamol-induced wistar rats. This study was using 15 rats which were divided into 5 groups included negative control, positive control, and ethanol extract groups (300 mg/kg b.w; 450 mg/kg b.w; 600 mg/kg b.w), after 14 days the rats was terminated and the liver was process to histology view. The result of this study showed that there was reducing in severity of degeneration following increasing of ethanol extract dosage. Based on the result study, ethanol extract of Citrus sinensis potentially has liver protection against paracetamol at highest dosgae by histology study.
Kemenkes RI, ‘InfoDatin Situasi dan Analisis Hepatitis’. Pusat Data dan Informasi Kemenkes RI, Jakarta, 2014.
I. Loho and I. Hasan, ‘Drug-Induced Liver Injury – Tantangan dalam Diagnosis’, Contin. Med. Educ., vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 167–170, 2014.
P. Bayupurnama, ‘Hepatotoksisitas Imbas Obat’, in Buku Ajar Ilmu Penyakit Dalam Jilid I Edisi VI, 6th ed., S. Setiati, I. Alwi, A. W. Sudoyono, M. Simadibrata, B. Setiyohadi, and A. F. Syam, Eds. Jakarta: Interna Publishing, 2017, pp. 2009–2014.
Badan Penelitian Dan Pengembangan Kesehatan Kementerian Kesehatan RI, ‘Riset Kesehatan Dasar 2013’, 2013.
Kemendagri, ‘Obat Herbal Tradisional’, War. Ekspor, no. September 2014, pp. 1–20, 2014.
S. Dalimartha and F. Adrian, Ramuan Herbal Tumpas Penyakit. Jakarta: Penebar Swadaya, 2013.
B. Mehmood et al., ‘In vitro assessment of antioxidant, antibacterial and phytochemical analysis of peel of Citrus sinensis’, Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 231–239, 2015.
E. Etebu and A. B. Nwauzoma, ‘A Review On Sweet Orange (Citrus Sinensis L Osbeck): Health, Diseases And Management’, Am. J. Res. Commun., vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 33–70, 2014.
S. S. Liew, W. Y. Ho, S. K. Yeap, and S. A. Bin Sharifudin, ‘Phytochemical composition and in vitro antioxidant activities of Citrus sinensis peel extracts’, PeerJ, vol. 6, pp. e5331–e5331, Aug. 2018.
M. H. Ross and W. Pawlina, Histology a Text and Atlas. Philadelhia: Wolters Kluwer, 2011.
A. L. Meschel, Histologi Dasar Junqueira Teks & Atlas, 12th ed. Jakarta: EGC, 2017.
V. P. Eroschenko, Atlas Histologi diFiore Edisi Ke-12. Jakarta: EGC, 2015.
V. Kumar, R. S. Cotran, and S. L. Robbins, Buku Ajar Patologi Robbins, 9th ed. Jakarta: EGC, 2015.
H. Mohan, Textbook of Pathology Sixth Edition. New Delhi: Jaypee, 2010.
D. A. Bender, ‘Free Radicals & Antioxidant Nutrients’, in Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry 30th Edition, New York: McGraw-Hill Education, 2015, pp. 564–568.
M. T. Lee, W. C. Lin, B. Yu, and T. T. Lee, ‘Antioxidant capacity of phytochemicals and their potential effects on oxidative status in animals - A review’, Asian-Australasian J. Anim. Sci., vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 299–308, 2017.
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.