Development of an Automatic Broiler Feeding System using PLC and HMI for Closed House System
AbstractNowadays, the industrial revolution is changing many aspects of life, including how to raise broilers. The development of modern breeding methods for broilers is by using closed house system innovations. This system has several advantages, including temperature and humidity that must be maintained for broilers. In addition, to temperature and humidity, the broiler feeding systems also needs to be controlled because it will improve the quality of broilers. It is caused by the utilization of the majority of conventional feeding systems. Therefore, this research will develop a prototype of an automatic broiler chicken feeding system for the closed house system that is affordable for conventional chicken farmers. The main components used are PLC for system control applications, HMI for visualization display, and 2 proximity sensors as detectors. This automatic feeding system uses two proximity sensors that are controlled by a PLC, and settings using the SIMATIC Manager software. The prototype of the automatic broiler chicken feed system produced is very effective in use.
. Sams, A. R. (2016), “Poultry Processing and Products,” Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA: Elsevier Inc.
. Priyatno. (2003), “Mendirikan Usaha Pemotongan Ayam,”, Jakarta: Penebar Swadaya.
. E. Sujana, S. Darana, dan I. Setiawan. “Implementasi Teknologi Semi Closed-house System pada Performan Ayam Broiler di Test Farm Sustainable Livestock Techno Park, Kampus Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Padjadjaran, Jatinangor,” in Proc. Seminar Nasional Teknologi Peternakan dan Veteriner, pp. 362-366, 2011.
. A. N. Kholidi, A. Trisanto, & E. Nasrullah. “Rancang Bangun Alat Pemberi Pakan dan Pengatur Suhu Otomatis untuk Ayam Pedaging Berbasis Programmable Logic Controller pada Kandang Tertutup.” Jurnal Rekayasa dan Teknologi Elektro, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 86-95, 2015.
. R. Prihandanu, A. Trisanto, & Y. Yuniati. “Model Sistem Kandang Ayam CLosed House Otomatis Menggunakan Omron Sysmac CPMIA 20-CDR-A-VI.” Electrician Jurnal Rekayasa dan Teknologi Elektro, vol. 9, no 1, pp. 54-62, 2015.
. N. S. Amir, A. M. F. M. Abas, N. A. Azmi, Z. Z. Abidin and A. A. Shafie. "Chicken Farm Monitoring System," in Proc. 2016 International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering (ICCCE), Kuala Lumpur, 2016, pp. 132-137.
. S. Jindarat, and P. Wuttidittachotti. "Smart Farm Monitoring using Raspberry Pi and Arduino," in Proc. 2015 International Conference on Computer, Communications, and Control Technology (I4CT), Kuching, 2015, pp. 284-288.
. T. Upachaban, A. Boonma and T. Radpukee. "Climate Control System of a Poultry House using Sliding Mode Control," in Proc. 2016 International Symposium on Flexible Automation (ISFA), Cleveland, OH, 2016, pp. 53-58.
. R. Fadillah, A. Polana, S. Alam, & E. Parwanto. (2007), “Sukses Beternak Ayam Broiler,” Jakarta: Agromedia Pustaka.
. D.M. Suci, E. Mursyida, T. Setianah, & R. Mutia. “Program Pemberian Makanan Berdasarkan Kebutuhan Protein dan Energi pada Setiap Fase Pertumbuhan Ayam Poncin.” Media Peternakan (Journal of animal Science and Technology), vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 70-76, 2005.
. Y. Sudaro, & A. Siriwa. (2007). “Ransum Ayam dan Itik,” Cetakan IX. Jakarta: Penebar Swadaya.
. G. Towler, R. Sinott. (2013). Specification and Design of Solids-handling Equipment, Chemical Engineering Design, (Chapter 18, 2nd Edition).
. R.I. Mutta, S.N. Deshpande, & M.A. Chaudhari. “PLC Based Poultry Automation System.” International Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 2277- 8179, 2014.
. V. Kowsalya, P. Manisha, S.S. Kumar, G. Priyanka, & R.M. Raj. “Automation of Poultry Farm using PLC.” International Journal of Advanced Science and Engineering Research, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 114-119, 2019.
. M. Honal, and T. Schultz. "Identifying User State using Electroencephalographic Data,” In Proc. International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, Trento, 2005.
. J. Dai, J.R. Grace. “A Model for Biomass Screw Feeding.” Powder Technology, vol. 1, no. 86, pp. 40-44, 2008.
. F. Soavi, Zurla. “A New Type of Screw Conveyor for Metallic Chips.” Annals of the ClRP, vol. 3, no 1, pp. 400-404, 1990.
. G.P. Prasetyo, M. Munadi, M. Tauviqirrahman. “Design and Development of Broiler Feeding System for Chiken Model Closed-House System.” International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 4842-4846, 2019.
. M. Pezo, L. Pezo, A.P. Jovanovi, A. Terzic, L. Andric, B. Loncar, P. Kojic. “Discrete Element Model of Particle Transport and Premixing Action in Modified Screw Conveyors.” Powder Technology, vol. 336, pp. 255-254, 2018.
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.