Determine the Electrical Energy Saving in Residential Sector of Iraq
AbstractThe electricity consumption in residential complexes has severe impact on electricity production in Iraq because it currently constitutes more than 47% of the national energy consumption. Calculations have been made on the basis of predicted growth of residential energy consumption for the next 10 years which shows an increase from 64783 GWh in 2013 to 121606 GWh in 2023. This study analysis the data with a view to exploring the most suitable management systems for the residential electricity consumption in order to reduce the impact on the national energy production and promote the other sectors by saving energy consumption. It is worth mentioning that the household appliances and lighting devices which consume 34.95%, 13.55% and 13.20% of the total electrical energy consumptions in the residential sector respectively. Five scenarios have been adopted for maximizing the energy saving. It has been found that the fifth scenario is the best one.
. Informatics Center of the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity ICME (2013), Official data for production, consumption and distribution of electricity, Baghdad, Iraq.
. International Energy Agency IEA 2013, Iraq energy outlook, 75739 paris cedex, France .
. Schiellerup, p. (2002), an examination of the effectiveness of EU minimum standard on cold appliances: the British case, (3),327-332.
. Tao, J, Yu, S, (2011), Implementation of energy efficiency standards of household refrigerator/freezer in China: potential environment and economic impacts, applied energy, (88), 1890-1905.
. Alwiya M. abd alfattah (2012), Electricity savings and environmental impacts by implementing energy efficiency standards and labels for electrical appliances in Jordan, University of Jordan, Master
. Meyers, S., McMahon, J.E., McNneil, M., Liu, X., (2013), Impacts of US Fedral Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential Appliances, Energy Policy, 8(28), 755-767.
. Mahlia T.M.I., Masjuki, H.H., Sadur, R., Choudhury, I.A., Noorleha (2015), Projected electricity saving from implementing minimum energy efficiency standard for household refrigerators in Malaysia, Energy, (28) 751-754.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.