14C Dating at the Geological Boreholes and Sedimentory in the Lower Mekong Delta
AbstractThis paper presents the processing and chemical treatment methods for age determination of geological samples using - Task Benzene Synthesizer - and the liquid scintillation analyzer (Tri–Carb 2770 TR/SL) in the laboratory at the Institute of Archaeology (VASS-Vietnam Academy Social Sciences). From that, 15 samples of wood, peat, mollusk shell collected from geological drilling holes LKBT1, LKBT2, LKBT3 at the coastal estuary in Ben Tre were processed and determined ages. The obtained results have helped to elucidate the sedimentation of the coastal estuary in Ben Tre province from the late Pleistocene to the present.
F.E. Angiolini, Tri-carb Liquid scintillation Analyzer, Packard instrument Company (1996).
P. Bishop, D.C.W. Sanderson, T.S. Miriam, OSL and radiocarbon dating of a pre-Angkorian canal in the Mekong delta, southern Cambodia, Journal of Archaeology Science 31 (2004) 319.
D.P. Noake, TASK benzene synthesizer, TASK, INS (1998).
D.D. Lam, W.E. Boyd, Holocence coatstal stratigraphy and a model for the sedimentary development of the Hai Phong area in the red river delta, North Viet Nam. Journal of Geology, No. 15-16(2000) 8.
M. Aitken, Science based Dating in Archaeology, Oxford University (1998).
P. Michael Neary,14C Age Dating by Benzene Synthesis and Liquid Scintillation Spectrometry, University of Georgia, USA. Revision I, Ph.D (1999).
Nguyen Dinh Dy (Editor), Holocene coastal estuary changes and sedimentary environments in the Mekong Delta. Publishing House for Science and Technology, 2012 (in Vietnamese).
Nguyen Bieu, Nguyen Tien Hai, Nguyen Huy Phuc, Nguyen Quoc Hung, The late Pleistocene - Holocene variation of sea level and accompanied sediments on the SouthernVietNam continental shelf, Journal of Geology, No. 292(2006): 24-32 (in Vietnamese).
Nguyen Quang Mien, Le Khanh Phon, Some resluts of 14C dating in investigation on Quaternary Geology and Geomorphology in Nam Dinh – Ninh Binh area, Journal of Geology, Series B 15-16(2000)82.
Nguyen Quang Mien, Study of accuracy improve of 14C dating in geological, archaeological and paleogeographical investigations in Vietnam, Ph.D. Thesis (2004). (in Vietnamese).
Ta Thi Kim Oanh, Nguyen Van Lap, Diatoms-indicator of sediment environments and sea-level changes in late Pleistocene-Holocene, Vietnam Journal of Earth Sciences (9/2000) 226 (in Vietnamese).
Z. Xue, J.P. Liu, D. DeMaster, N.V. Lap, T.T.K. Oanh, Late Holocene evolution of the Mekong Subaqueous Delta, Southern Vietnam, Marine Geology, Vol. 269 (2010) 46
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.