Role of Microfinance Institutions in Funding Micro and Small Enterprises in Lomé
AbstractThis research investigates the role of microfinance institutions in funding micro and small enterprises in Lomé; capital of Togo. Using snowball sampling and convenience sampling method, the sample size is 84 units of micro and small enterprises located in Lomé. Three hypotheses were tested through chi-square test and results show that microcredits affect positively the assets of micro and small businesses in Lomé, however do not affect positively the number of employees employed in micro and small business in Lomé. Findings from the third hypothesis also show that microfinance institutions encourage entrepreneurship in Lomé. Further, the study concludes that, the microfinance institutions affect the growth of micro and small enterprises in a positive way through the procurement of microcredits, even, they encourage entrepreneurship, and they have no effect on the employment created by micro and small enterprises. Last for all, research recommends reduction in interest rates on the microcredits and the persecution while collecting the repayment, providing business fund management training to the borrowers, and above all, follow up the utilisation of the microcredits advanced for a specific business or activity.
. Dauda Omoyi Abdulsalam and Mustapha Namakka Tukur.” Access to Microfinance and Small Enterprise Growth in Sokoto State, Nigeria.” World Review of Business Research, Vol. 4. No. 1, pp. 62 – 75, March 2014.
. Aaron Kumah. “The Impact of Micro Financing on Entrepreneurial Growth and Development in Ghana.” International Journal of Latest Engineering Research and Applications (IJLERA), ISSN: 2455-7137, Vol. 02, pp. – 27-36, June 06 – 2017.
. Joyce Ama Quartey and Abigail Asamoah. “Microfinance as a Tool for Small Business Growth in Urban Ghana.” IISTE, Developing Country Studies www.iiste.org, ISSN 2224-607X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0565 (Online) Vol.7, No.11, 2017.
. Adeoye Amuda Afolabi. “Microfinance Bank And Entrepreneurship Development In An Emerging Market.” Risk governance & control: financial markets & institutions, Vol.6, Issue 4, fall 2016.
. Muogbo Uju Sussan, Tomola Obamuyi. “The Impact of Microfinance Bank on Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria.” Journal of Business and Economic Development Science Publishing Group, 3(2): 51-61, 2018.
. The ”Small and Medium Charter Companies and Industries (SME / SMI) Of Togo.” defines the scope of Micro and Small Enterprises/Industries (MSEs/MSIs) in Togo [6: 6 - 8].
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.