Comparison of Three Way Catalytic Converter Exhaust Gas with Pertalite, Pertamax, and Pertamax Turbo Fuel in Gasoline Motor
AbstractTransportation emissions are the highest contributor to air pollution, which is around 85%. One technology that can be used to reduce exhaust emissions from transportation is by installing a catalytic converter in the exhaust emission exhaust system. This study discusses the use of catalytic converters to reduce carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrocarbons (HC) with variations in engine speed and fuel. The catalyst used is a three-way catalytic converter model. The engine speed used is idle, 1000 rpm, 1500 rpm, 2000 rpm, 2500 rpm, 3000 rpm, 3500 rpm. The variations in the fuel used are pertalite, pertamax and pertamax turbo. The use of catalytic converters can reduce the concentration of CO and HC with all three types of fuel. The biggest reduction in CO and HC concentrations reached 39.5% and 22.7%. From this study, it can be seen that the use of catalytic converters can reduce exhaust emissions. The greater the octane number of the fuel, the less CO and HC emissions contained in the exhaust gas. The use of catalytic converters can be a solution to overcome the problem of pollution caused by transportation equipment because of its ability to convert hazardous compounds to exhaust emissions into harmless gases.
Suhariyanto. “Perkembangan Kendaraan Bermotor Menurut Jenis”. Badan Pusat Statistik: Indonesia. 2018.
International Energy Agency. CO2 Emission Statistics. Dapat diakses di: https://www.iea.org/statistics/co2emissions/ [Accessed 22 Mei 2019]
I. Sukarno, H. Matsumoto, L. Susanti. “Transportation Energy Consumption and Emission: A View From the City of Indonesia”. Future Cities and Environment 2:6. 2016.
I. Sukarno, H. Matsumoto, L. Susanti. R. Kimura. “Urban Energy Consumption of A City In Indonesia: General Overview”. International of Journal Energy Economics and Policy. vol 5 no. 1, pp. 360-373. 2015.
Ismiyati., Devi. M., dan Saidah, Deslida. (2014). Pencemaran Udara Akibat Emisi Gas Buang Kendaraan Bermotor. Jurnal Manajemen Transportasi & Teknologi Vol. 1 No. 03
A. Azhaginiyal, G. Umadevi. “System Dynamics Simulation of Modelling Transport, Energy and Emission Interaction”. Civil Engineering and Architecture 2(4): 149-165, 2014.
Anonym. “Zat – Zat Pencemar Udara”. Badan Pengelolaan Lingkungan Hidup Jakarta. Indonesia. 2013.
T. Subramani. “Study of Air Pollution Due To Vehicle Emission In the tourism Centre” International of Journal Engineering Research and Applications, vol 2. issue 3. pp. 1753-1763. 2012.
Y.H. Teoh, H.G. How, K. H.Yu, H.G. Chuah, W. L. Yin. “ Influence of Octane Number Rating On Performance, Emission, and Combustion Characteristics In Spark Ignition Engine”. Journal of Advanced Research in Fluid Mechanism and Thermal Sciences vol 45. Issues 1 22-34. 2018.
Mohamad. T. I., Geok. H. H., Abdullah. S., Ali. Y., Shamsudeen. A. (2010). Comparison of Performance, Combustion, Characteristics, and Emissions of A Spark Ignition Engine Fuelled By Gasoline and Compressed Natural Gas. Journal of Technology Today Vol II Issues II
A. Ghofur, Soemarno, A. Hadi, M.D. Putra. “Potential Fly Ash Waste As Catalytic Converter For Reduction of HC And Co Emission”. Sustainable Environment Research 28 pp. 357-362, 2018.
R. Ganji, V.N. Yenugula. “Emission Reduction In Automobile Engine Exhaust Using Bio Catalytic Converter: An Experimental Study”. IOSR Journal Of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, vol. 14 issue 6, pp. 24-28, 2017.
M. M. Abdelaal, A. H. Hegab. “Combustion And Emission Characteristics Of A Natural Gas Fueled Diesel Engine With EGR”. Energy Convers. Manag, vol. 64, pp. 301-312, 2012.
S. Banna,O. N. Deen.“Diesel Catalytic Converters As Emission Control Devices”. TESCE, vol. 30 no. 2, pp. 1143 – 1161, 2004.
Santos. H., Costa. M., (2008). Evaluation Of The Conversion Of Ceramic And Metallic Three Way Catalytic Converters. Energy Convers Manag Vol 49 Pp. 291-300
Ellyanie. “Pengaruh Penggunaan three way catalytic converter terhadap emisi gas buang pada kendaraan Toyota kijang inova”. Prosiding Seminar Nasional AVoER 3rd, Palembang. 2011.
W. Baslyman. “Microwave-assisted Dehydration of Fructose Into 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural (5-HMF) Over Acidic Porous Catalysts”. University of Ottawa: Ottawa, Ontario. 2015.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.