Pointer Temperature and Humidity Meter Detection Based on Machine Vision
AbstractA new method is proposed to achieve the accurate segmentation and reading of different types of pointer temperature and humidity instruments. The Canny edge detection operator is applied to detect edges of the meter gray image, and the scale line distribution arc and scale lines is obtained according to distribution characteristics of the scale line. The pointer is fitted by concentric method within the radius of the arc. OCR identifies the scale value of the dial, and then determines the corresponding reading number of each scale line and dividing value by mapping relation. Three different types of meters are used to detect, and experiments results demonstrate that the proposed method can achieve accurate segmentation of pointer and scales, as well as accurately calculate the readings of instrument.
Chen Shu, Yang Tian. “A pointer meter detection based on improved ZS refinement algorithm”. Computer Engineering, vol. 43, pp. 216-221, 2017.
Tang Liang, He Wen, Li Qian, et al. “The algorithm for the recognition of pointer type meter based on space transformation”. Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation, vol. 55, pp. 116-121, 2018.
Alegria F C, Serra A C. “Automatic calibration of analog and digital measuring instruments using computer vision”. IEEE Transaction on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 49, pp. 94-99, 2000.
Wang Bo, Qin Lingsong. “Index meter examination system based on computer vision”. Computer Engineering, vol. 31, pp. 19-21, 2005.
Chen Shu, Wang Lei. “Method for testing of pointer instrument based on machine vision”. Computer & Digital Engineering, vol. 44, pp. 1821-1826.2016.
Sun Haoyan. Research on recognition system of pointer meter reading based on machine vision, Changchun : Jilin University, 2015.
Xun Yang, Zhang Qingrong. “Research on image processing based automotive pointer instruments detection”. Computer Application and Software, vol. 31, pp. 219-221, 2014.
Si Jian, Zhang Dong, He Jianguo, et al. “Design of remote meter reading method for pointer type chemical instruments”. Process Automation Instrumention, vol. 35, pp. 77-79, 2014.
Liu Di, Bi Duyan, Li Quanhe, et al. “Automatic interpretation algorithm for pointer instruments based on non-uniform illumination” Computer Application and Software, vol.30, pp. 47-48, 2013.
John Canny. “Computational approach to edge detection” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 1986, 8(1): 679-698.vol. 8, pp. 679-698, 1986.
Wang Rui, Li Qi, Fang Yanjun. “An automatic reading method of pointer instruments image based on improved angle method”. Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation, vol. 50, pp. 115-118, 2013.
Zhang Yongqiang, Di Jinhong, Ma Pengge. “Auto dashboard pointer detection based on machine vision”. Computer Measurement & Control, vol. 23, pp. 1922-1924, 2015.
Tao Bingjie, Han Jiale, Li En. “An applied method for reading recognition of index instrument”. Opto-Electronic Engineering, vol. 38, pp. 145-150, 2011.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.