Statistical Analysis of Vehicular Registration in Lagos, Nigeria Based on Ownership and Type
AbstractThis paper examined the vehicular registration in Lagos state, Nigeria between the years 1998-2015. Time series analysis was employed to analyze the data, to compute the seasonal variation and fluctuations in the number of motor vehicles that was registered between the periods of 16 years in the state. The least square method was also used in forecasting the number of vehicles that will be registered in the next 10years in the state. It was discovered that the number of private, commercial and government registered vehicles will be increased over the years. . Based on the fact of the analysis made, we were able to conclude that the rate at which vehicles were registered in Lagos – State fluctuates over the time.
K. Adeniji. “Transport subsidies in Nigeria: A Synopsis of Workshop Proceedings”, in NISER, Ibadan and Friedrich Ebert Foundation, Germany, 1993.
Vehicle registration plate, Driver's license, Vehicles Pages: 88 (12149 words) Published: September 23, 2014
S.T Ahmed. “Essentials of Vehicle Registration in Nigeria”. University press limited, Ibadan, 1991
T. Agboola. “Perspective planning: the urban and regional planning dimensions” The Nigerian Journal of Economic and Social Studies, Vol. 31, 1989.
M.S Bartlett. “Some aspect of the time series correlation problems regards to test of significance@ in Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, 1935.
G.B. Gupta. Introduction to statistical method (9th edition) Vicas publish prentices hall int. Inc, 1973.
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.