An Internet of Things Based Air Conditioning and Lighting Control System for Smart Home
AbstractToday, the internet has become an indispensable part of human life. With our social media, banking transactions, news, shopping, e-government and many more applications, we have reached higher level in our standard of living. This rapid development of technology provides convenience in different areas of our lives every day. Many devices such as TVs, refrigerators, washing machines we use in daily life are able to communicate with each other by becoming smart thanks to the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) technologies. In recent days we have become more and more aware of the concepts of smart city such as smart home, transportation, health, education, energy and smart environment. One of these concepts, "smart home" applications undoubtedly attracts the most demanded applications individually. In this study, a smart home application including conditioning and lighting controls is implemented using NodeMCU embedded system microcontroller, Arduino Pro Mini and Blynk iOS/Android interface developer.
S. Misra, M. Muthucumaru, H. Salman. "System model for the internet of things." Security challenges and approaches in internet of things." Springer, Cham, pp. 5-17, 2017.
J. Gubbi, R. Buyya, S. Marusic, M. Palaniswami. "Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements, and future directions." Future generation computer systems, vol. 29 (7), pp. 1645-1660, 2013.
S. Pirbhulal, H. E. Zhang, M. Alahi, H. Ghayvat, S. Mukhopadhyay, Y. T. Zhang, W. Wu. "A novel secure IoT-based smart home automation system using a wireless sensor network." Sensors, vol. 17(1), 69, 2017.
L. Chapman, J. B. Simon. "High-resolution monitoring of weather impacts on infrastructure networks using the Internet of Things." Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 2018.
L. Pocero, D. Amaxilatis, G. Mylonas, I. Chatzigiannakis, "Open source IoT meter devices for smart and energy-efficient school buildings." HardwareX, vol. 1, pp. 54-67, 2017.
R. Morello, C. De Capua, G. Fulco, S. C. Mukhopadhyay. "A Smart Power Meter to Monitor Energy Flow in Smart Grids: The Role of Advanced Sensing and IoT in the Electric Grid of the Future." IEEE Sensors Journal vol. 17.23, pp. 7828-7837, 2017.
A. Malhotra, S. Saini, V. V. Kale. “Automated Irrigation System with Weather Forecast Integration” , International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences, v. 5 (6), pp. 179-184, 2017
D. H. Patel, D. Monali. "IOT Compatible Wireless Smart Portable Mini Weather Analyzer." International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol. 4(5), 2017.
M. Taştan, "IoT Based Wearable Smart Health Monitoring System", Celal Bayar University Journal of Science, 14(3), pp. 343-350, 2018.
S. Ghanavati, H. J. Abawajy, D. Izadi, A. A. Alelaiwi. "Cloud-assisted IoT-based health status monitoring framework." Cluster Computing, vol. 20(2), pp. 1843-1853, 2017.
S. Deshkar, R. A. Thanseeh, G. M. Varun. "A Review on IoT based m-Health Systems for Diabetes." International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications, vol. 8(1), pp. 13-18, 2017.
M. Roopaei, R. Paul, R. C. Kim-Kwang. "Cloud of things in smart agriculture: Intelligent irrigation monitoring by thermal imaging." IEEE Cloud Computing, vol. 4(1), pp. 10-15, 2017.
Gökozan, H., Taştan, M., Sarı, A., “Smart Cities and Management Strategies”, II. International Strategic Research Congress, Antalya, Turkey, 2017, pp. 327-331.
O. Galinina, K. Mikhaylov, S. Andreev, A. Turlikov, Y. Koucheryavy. "Smart home gateway system over Bluetooth low energy with wireless energy transfer capability." EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 1, pp. 178, 2015.
S. Samuel, I. Sujin. "A review of connectivity challenges in IoT-smart home." Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC), 2016 3rd MEC International Conference on. IEEE, 2016.
B. Alohali, M. Merabti, K. Kifayat. "A secure scheme for a smart house based on Cloud of Things (CoT)." In Computer Science and Electronic Engineering Conference (CEEC), 2014 6th , pp. 115-120, 2014.
B. H. Vishwajeet, W. Sanjeev "i-learning IoT: An intelligent self learning system for home automation using IoT." Communications and Signal Processing (ICCSP), 2015 International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
X. Ye, J. Huang."A framework for cloud-based smart home. In Computer science and network technology (ICCSNT), 2011 international conference on, IEEE, vol. 2, pp. 894-897, 2011.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.