Classification of Breast Cancer Using Data Mining
AbstractAccording to the publications of leading health organization in the world, the World Health Organization (WHO) reveals that breast cancer is the most propagated disease among women and it may end with mortality. The precautions and regular investigations are the options for preventing this cancer. Furthermore, the recognition of the sickness may begin at early stages for combating purpose. From data science perspectives, data mining technology is used to uncover the disease according to some parameters like BMI, age and sugar routine database. The deployment of those technologies had resulted in considerable results that may help for breast cancer aid. In this research, Coimbra dataset are collected and studied according to 10 predictors. We used these predictors to estimate if the breast cancer is occurring or not. The 6 algorithms used are compared according to their performance in WEKA and in MATLAB. The comparison is useful to prove the possibility of using Data Mining algorithms to help Medicine decision engine with good precision.
. Umesh D R ; B Ramachandra ‘Association rule mining based predicting breast cancer recurrence on SEER breast cancer data’.
. Galal, G., Cook, D.J., Holder, L.B. “Improving Scalability in a Scientific Discovery System by exploiting Parallelism”, Proceedings KDD '97.
. Holsheimer, M., Kersten, M., Mannila, H., Toivonen, H. “A Perspective on Databases and Data Mining”, Proceedings KDD '95.
. William B. Schwartz, M.D., Ramesh S. Patil, Ph.D., and Peter Szolovits, Ph.D. “Artificial Intelligence in Medicine’’, Volume 34, Issue 2, June 2005, Pages 113-127.
. Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, Volume 29, Issue 5, May 2003, Pages 679-686.
. Ian Witten Eibe Frank Mark Hall Christopher Pal, Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques, Fourth Edition, Pages 160, 161.
. Chen D, Chi HC, Jing D, Chun LD. Citation retrieval in digital libraries’ International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 1999; 105-109.
. Evaluation of Machine Learning Methods for Breast Cancer Prediction. Applied and Computational Mathematics. Vol. 7, No. 4, 2018, pp. 212-216.Yixuan Li, Zixuan Chen. Performance.
. Crisóstomo, J., Matafome, P., Santos-Silva, D. et al. Endocrine (2016) 53: 433.
. Miguel Patrício,José Pereira, Joana Crisóstomo, Paulo Matafome, Manuel Gomes, Raquel Seiça and Francisco Caramelo, “Using Resistin, glucose, age and BMI to predict the presence of breast cancer’’.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.