Estimation of Parameters in Atmospheric Scattering Dehazing Model in Accordance with Visual Characteristics
AbstractIn view of the problem that the restoration effect of the daytime defogging algorithm is not ideal, especially the over-enhancement and color distortion in the sky and its nearby. A new parameter estimation method for atmospheric scattering model is proposed. Firstly, the sky and non-sky areas are segmented. Then, estimating the atmospheric light at the junction, and then corresponding restrictions on the value of transmittance according to the change of the depth of field. Finally, the transmittance is optimized by context-based regularization, so that the final image after dehazing is more in line with the visual characteristics. Through the subjective comparison and analysis with the existing mainstream algorithms, the dehazing effect of the proposed method has the advantages of low noise and high color recovery, especially in the sky. The restoration with the non-sky junction is the best, enriching the details that other algorithms have not restored and the colors are true and natural.
Singh D, Kumar V. Comprehensive survey on haze removal techniques[J]. Multimedia Tools & Applications, 2018, 77(8):9595-9620.
Liu H B, Yang J, Zheng-Ping W U, et al. A Fast Single Image Dehazing Method Based on Dark Channel Prior and Retinex Theory[J]. Acta Automatica Sinica, 2015, 41(7):1264-1273.
Tan R T. Visibility in bad weather from a single image[C]. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR 2008:1-8.
He K, Sun J, Tang X. Single image haze removal using dark channel prior[C]. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2009:1956-1963.
Meng G, Wang Y, Duan J, et al. Efficient Image Dehazing with Boundary Constraint and Contextual Regularization[C]. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision. 2014:617-624.
J.H. Kim, J.Y. Sim, C.S. Kim, Single image dehazing based on contrast enhancement. 2011 ICASSP:1273-1276
Park D, Park H, Han D K, et al. Single image dehazing with image entropy and information fidelity[C]. IEEE International Conference on Image processing. 2015:4037-4041.
Cui T, Qu L, Tian J, et al. Single image haze removal based on luminance weight prior[C]. IEEE International Conference on Cyber Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems. 2016.
Narasimhan, Srinivasa G, Nayar, et al. Vision and the atmosphere[J]. International Journal of Computer Vision, 2002, 48(3):233-254.
Li Jiayuan, Hu Qingwu, Ai Mingyao, et al. Image Dehazing Combined with Sky Recognition and Dark Channel Principle[J]. Chinese Journal of Image and Graphics, 2015, 20(4): 514-519.
Ju Mingye, Zhang Dengyin, JI Yingtian. Image Dehazing Algorithm Based on Fog Concentration Estimation[J]. Acta Automatica Sinica, 2016, 42(9): 1367-1379.
Farbman Z, Fattal R, Lischinski D, et al. Edge-preserving decompositions for multi-scale tone and detail manipulation[J]. Acm Transactions on Graphics, 2008, 27(3):1-10.
Fattal R. Dehazing Using Color-Lines[J]. Acm Transactions on Graphics, 2014, 34(1):1-14.
Berman D, Treibitz T, Avidan S. Non-local Image Dehazing[C]. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. 2016:1674-1682.
Cai B, Xu X, Jia K, et al. DehazeNet: An End-to-End System for Single Image Haze Removal[J]. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2016, 25(11):5187-5198.
Ren W, Liu S, Zhang H, et al. Single Image Dehazing via Multi-scale Convolutional Neural Networks[C]// European Conference on Computer Vision. Springer, Cham, 2016:154-169.
Li B, Peng X, Wang Z, et al. AOD-Net: All-in-One Dehazing Network[C]// IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision. IEEE Computer Society, 2017:4780-4788.
Zhang Dengyin, Ju Mingye, Wang Xuemei. A Fast Image Dehazing Algorithm Based on Dark Channel Priori[J]. Science Technology and Engineering, 2016, 43(20): 1437-1443.
Choi L K, You J, Bovik A C. Referenceless Prediction of Perceptual Fog Density and Perceptual Image Defogging[J]. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2015, 24(11):3888-3901.
Swami K, Das S K. CANDY: Conditional Adversarial Networks based Fully End-to-End System for Single Image Haze Removal[J]. 2018.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.