Child Sexual Exploitation Investigation in Vietnam and Recommendations
AbstractChild sexual exploitation has been a serious trouble in Vietnam for a long time. Since 2014, the law enforcement instituted about 1,200 to 1,900 cases annually. Statistics show about 2,000 children are victims of child sexual exploitation crime every year, in which girls account for approximately 80%. A worrying trend is there are more and more children under 6 years old become victims. Thanks to recent efforts from the government and other stakeholders, the situation of this crime has been improvd effectively. In the coming years, all stakeholders need to adopt several measures for preventing and suppressing this type of crime. This paper presents some main problem, giving causes and effects, the recommendation and solution of issue. If these solutions could be applied, they will help to deal with child sexual more feasible; therefore, raising and minimizing this type of violation in Vietnam in the coming time.
. National Assembly of Vietnam, 2017, Penal Code of Vietnam 2015 (amended 2017), English version at http://www.wipo.int/edocs/lexdocs/laws/en/vn/vn086en.pdf.
. Central Database of Legal Normative Documents portal of Vietnam, 2016, Law on Children 2016, available at http://vbpl.vn/VBQPPL_UserControls/Publishing_22/pActiontkeFile.aspx?do=download&urlfile=/TW/Lists/vbpqTA/Attachments/11044/102.2016.QH13.doc&filename=102.2016.QH13.doc
. Online newspaper People (Nhân dân) – A central agency of Communist Party of Vietnam, June 5, 2018, Dealing with Child Abuse Exploitation: Need Efforts of the Whole Political System, , available at http://www.nhandan.com.vn/chinhtri/item/36610902-cap-nhat-xu-ly-xam-hai-tre-em-can-quyet-tam-cua-ca-he-thong-chinh-tri.html [accessed on November 26, 2018]
. Thai Yen (2018), Protect Children from Sexual Exploitation – Prosecution Must Go alongside Investigation, Online newspaper People’s Representative (Đại biểu nhân dân) – Voice of National Assembly of Vietnam, available at http://www.daibieunhandan.vn/default.aspx?tabid=81&NewsId=400740 [accessed on November 26, 2018]
. Nguyen Hoang Tung (2018), Several Theoretical Issues on Child Sexual Exploitation Prevention, available at http://csnd.vn/Home/Nghien-cuu-Trao-doi/5127/Phong-ngua-toi-pham-xam-hai-tinh-duc-tre-em-mot-so-van-de-ly-luan [accessed on December 1, 2018]
. Do Van Thanh (2018), Characteristics, Reasons and Solutions for Child Sexual Exploitation Prevention in Our Country, The People’s Police Academy Magazine, available at http://csnd.vn/Home/Nghien-cuu-Trao-doi/4249/Dac-diem-Nguyen-Nhan-va-Giai-phap-phong-ngua-xam-hai-tinh-duc-tre-em-o-nuoc-ta-hien-nay [accessed on December 1, 2018]
. Kim Thanh, Don’t Let Child Sexual Exploitation Cases Come into Silence, Online newspaper of Communist Party of Vietnam, available at http://dangcongsan.vn/preview/newid/504773.html [accessed December 2, 2018]
. Nguyen Hoang, Multi-stakeholders’ effort to fight against Child Sexual Abuse, Online newspaper of the Government of Vietnam, available at http://baochinhphu.vn/Thoi-su/Tao-suc-manh-tong-hop-trong-cong-tac-phong-chong-xam-hai-tre-em/338331.vgp [accessed December 2, 2018]
. Government of Vietnam Report No. 454/BC-CP dated October 17, 2017 on Implementing the National Goal of Gender Equality (2017)
. The portal of MOLISA (2016), Community involves in preventing, assisting and protecting sexual abused children, available at http://www.molisa.gov.vn/vi/Pages/chitiettin.aspx?IDNews=25870 [accessed December 2, 2018]
. Vietnam Law and Legal Forum magazine, Vietnam News Agency, Alarming rise in child sexual abuse, Available at http://vietnamlawmagazine.vn/alarming-rise-in-child-sexual-abuse-5839.html [accessed November 6, 2018]
. Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics (UCR)
https://www.ucrdatatool.gov/offenses.cfm [accessed November 25, 2018]
. The Government of Vietnam (2017), The Instruction No. 18/CT-TTg on Enhancing Measures on Child Sexual Exploitation Prevention and Suppression
. UNODC November, 2018, Training course on “Improving Effectiveness in the Prosecution and Supervision over CSE cases” in Vinh Phuc
. Supreme People’s Court of Vietnam issued the official dispatch No. 99/TANDTC-PC on establishment of Court for Family and Juvenile https://thuvienphapluat.vn/cong-van/Thu-tuc-To-tung/Cong-van-99-TANDTC-PC-to-chuc-Toa-gia-dinh-va-nguoi-chua-thanh-nien-2016-308550.aspx [accessed November 26, 2018]
. 10 Cases Wen to Trial among 800 Child Abuse Cases, available at https://news.zing.vn/800-vu-xam-hai-tre-em-chi-10-vu-duoc-xet-xu-post802158.html [accessed December 2, 2018]
. Online newspaper of Vietnam General Confederation of Labor (2017), Child Protection Hotline 111: Receive 28,000 calls per month, available at https://laodong.vn/xa-hoi/tong-dai-dien-thoai-bao-ve-tre-em-111-mot-thang-co-28000-cuoc-goi-581356.ldo [accessed December 2, 2018]
. MPS of Vietnam, 2018, Report of the High Tech Crime Department 2010 - 2018
. Nhat Quang (2016), Boy pornographic website operator revealed, Online newspaper of MPS of Vietnam, available at http://cand.com.vn/Lan-theo-dau-vet-toi-pham/Lat-tay-chieu-tro-cua-nhung-ke-cam-dau-dien-dan-benh-hoan-Vkid-tv-382670/ [accessed December 2, 2018]
. The online journal of Voice of Vietnam (VOV), The crimes on cyberspace is like those in real life, available at https://vov.vn/phap-luat/toi-pham-tren-khong-gian-mang-cung-giong-nhu-cuoc-song-that-832600.vov [accessed November 6, 2018]
. The portal of MOLISA (2017) Child Sexual Exploitation Prevention and Suppression,http://molisa.gov.vn/vi/Pages/chitiettin.aspx?IDNews=26274 [accessed December 2, 208]
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.