AuditModel: A Model for Representation of Continuous Audit Processes Based on ISO 19011
AbstractObjective of the study: The objective of this article is to propose a model of representation of audit processes that allows its automation, this model is based on ISO 19011, a standard recommended by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF). Methodology / approach: A study was carried out on the standardization of continuous audit processes. ISO 19011 was used as a reference to define the elements of the proposed model. After an analysis in the sections of the standard, sections 05 (establishing objectives of the audit program) and section 06 (conducting the audit) were selected to compose this work. Originality / relevance: The article contains quantitative data related to the performance of audits in Brazil and some limitations for carrying out audits. Through the model, the work makes up for the deficiency of the existence of documentation that helps the understanding, by software developers, auditors and companies, of how an audit should be carried out. It is expected to facilitate the development of audit software with the proposed model. Main results: 14 elements are specified, classified in 4 domains, which together make up the model for representing audit processes. A process is mapped and the specified elements are used to show how the audit processes are to be employed. Theoretical / methodological contributions: It seems feasible to use the methodology in different organizations, it is enough to understand the proposed model, internally map the processes to be audited and apply the concepts described in this work as an example.
. M. Vasarhely and F. Halper, "The continuous audit of online," Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, vol. 10, pp. 110 - 125, 1991.
. ABNT, "NBR ISO 19011:2018 - Diretrizes para auditorias de sistema de gestão da qualidade e/ou ambiental," Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, 20 12 2018. [Online]. Available: https://www.abntcatalogo.com.br/norma.aspx?ID=415425. [Accessed 30 03 2020].
. ISO, "ISO - International Organization for Standardization," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.iso.org/home.html. [Accessed 10 06 2020].
. INMETRO, "Inmetro | Portal de Serviços do Inmetro," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www4.inmetro.gov.br/. [Accessed 10 06 2020].
. J. Ratley, "Report to the Nations: On occupational fraud and," 2012. [Online]. Available: https://www.acfe.com/uploadedFiles/ACFE_Website/Content/rttn/2012-report-to-nations.pdf. [Accessed 02 04 2020].
. D. Nitchman, "Audit Data Standards Getting a Close Look," XBRL Global Ledger, 18 11 2014. [Online]. Available: https://www.xbrl.org/news/audit-data-standards-getting-a-close-look/. [Accessed 30 08 2019].
. AICPA, "Audit Data Standards," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.aicpa.org/interestareas/frc/assuranceadvisoryservices/auditdatastandards.html. [Accessed 03 01 2020].
. AICPA, "American Institute of CPAs," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.aicpa.org/. [Accessed 11 04 2020].
. XBRL, "XBRL Global Ledger Taxonomy Framework 2017," 2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.xbrl.org/int/gl/2016-12-01/gl-framework-2017-PWD-2016-12-01.html. [Accessed 11 04 2020].
. Imoniana, Joshua Onome, Auditoria de sistemas de informação, Ed 3., São Paulo: Atlas, 2016.
. Teruel, Evando Carlos. "Principais ferramentas utilizadas na auditoria de sistemas e suas características," 2017.
. Audimation, "Analytics Outsourcing - IDEA Software Solutions | Audimation," 2020. [Online]. Available: http://www.audimation.com. [Accessed 08 07 2020].
. Sword GRC, "Magique Galileo - a Sword GRC company," 2019. [Online]. Available: https://magiquegalileo.com/. [Accessed 15 05 2020].
. Ideagen Plc, "Audit Management Software | Pentana Audit | Ideagen," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.ideagen.com/products/pentana-audit. [Accessed 01 03 2020].
. M. R. Lyra, Segurança e auditoria em sistemas de Informação, Rio de Janeiro: Ciências Moderna, 2008.
. Santana, Allison Ramon Araújo; Silva, Paulo Caetano da., "Padronização de Processos de Auditoria Contínua," Revista de Auditoria Governança e Contabilidade / ISSN 2317-0484, vol. 8, no. 35, 2020.
. IFAC, "International Federation of Accountants," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.ifac.org/. [Accessed 11 04 2020].
. PCAOB, "Public Company Accounting Oversight Board," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://pcaobus.org/Standards/Auditing/Pages/default.aspx. [Accessed 11 04 2020].
. CFC, "Consenho Federal de Contabilidade," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://cfc.org.br/cia/auditoria/. [Accessed 11 04 2020].
. TCU, "Fiscalização e Controle," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://portal.tcu.gov.br/fiscalizacao-e-controle/auditoria/normas-internacionais-das-entidades-fiscalizadores-superiores-issai/. [Accessed 11 04 2020].
. IAF, "IAF Guidance on the Application of ISO/IEC Guide 65:1996," 2006. [Online]. Available: https://www.iaf.nu/upFiles/935496.IAF-GD5-2006_Guide_65_Issue_2_Pub1.pdf. [Accessed 10 06 2020].
. ISO, "Certification & Conformity - The ISO Survey," 2018. [Online]. Available: https://www.iso.org/the-iso-survey.html. [Accessed 25 05 2020].
. W. L. d. Silva and J. R. d. Almeida, "CONTINUOUS DATA AUDITING AS AN AUTOMATION TOOL FOR BUSINESS CONTROL," JISTEM - Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 437-460, May/Aug 2014.
. IRCA, "CQI | IRCA," 2020. [Online]. Available: http://www.quality.org/knowledge/about-us. [Accessed 27 06 2020].
. OMG, "Business Process Model And Notation," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/2.0/About-BPMN/. [Accessed 27 06 2020].
. CHAN, David Y; CHIU, Victoria; VASARHELYI, Miklos A. "New Perspective: Data Analytics as a Precursor to Audit Automation," in Continuous Auditing, 2018, pp. 315 - 322.
. S. Chen, H. Ye and F. Gao, "On Application of SOA to Continuous Auditing," WSEAS Transactions on ComputersVol. 7, No. 5, 2018.
. Trindade, Cleiton C; Moraes, Alan Kelon; Meira, Silvio Lemos. “Comunicação em equipes distribuídas de desenvolvimento de software: Revisão sistemática”.," in ESELAW'08: Proceedings of the 5th Experimental Software Engineering Latin American Workshop., 2008.
. Santana, Allison Ramon Araújo; Silva, Paulo Caetano da. and M. Codesso, "xAudit: Auditing Representation in XBRL Based Documents," in The Thirteenth International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services, Barcelona, 2018.
. INMETRO, "Histórico dos Certificados Válidos," 2019. [Online]. Available: https://certifiq.inmetro.gov.br/Grafico/HistoricoCertificadosValidos. [Accessed 20 05 2020].
. IAF, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.iaf.nu/. [Accessed 10 06 2020].
. A. O’Reilly, "Continuous auditing: wave of the future?," vol. 27, 160, Ed., Corporate Board, 2006, p. 24.
. OMG, "Unified Modeling Language - Specification," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.omg.org/spec/UML/About-UML/. [Accessed 27 06 2020].
. M. M. Rodriguez, A. R. Carrion, R. Ramanan, M. R. Lopez and F. F. Muñoz, "Explainable AI for bankruptcy prediction using XBRL filing - Eurofiling Conferences Online 2020," 2020.
. Hoffman, Charles"Mastering XBRL-based Digital Financial Reporting," 2020. [Online]. Available: http://www.xbrlsite.com/mastering/Contents.html. [Accessed 29 06 2020].
. M. Werner, "Process Model Representation Layers for Financial Audits," in 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, New Zealand, 2016.
. Y. Yu, J. Hou and H. Li, "Study on Continuous Internal Audit System Modeling and Application," in the 2019 International Conference, 2019.
. Luciano, José Geraldo, "Modelo de dados para SPED baseado em XBRL GL," Dissertação (Sistemas e Computação) - UNIFACS Universidade Salvador, p. 134, 2015.
. Luciano, José Geraldo; SILVA, Paulo Caetano da; Peres, C."Taxonomia XBRL-SPED: Simplificação e Auditoria no âmbito do Sistema Público de Escrituração Digital (SPED)," Revista Brasileira de Sistemas de Informação, vol. 11, pp. 63-90, 2019.
. OMG, "Standard Business Report Model | Object Management Group," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.omg.org/hot-topics/standard-business-report-model.htm. [Accessed 22 04 2020].
. US GAAP, "US GAAP: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/advocacy/issues/gaap. [Accessed 08 07 2020].
. XBRL International Inc, "XBRL Abstract Model 2.0," 2012. [Online]. Available: http://www.xbrl.org/specification/abstractmodel-primary/pwd-2012-06-06/abstractmodel-primary-pwd-2012-06-06.html. [Accessed 08 07 2020].
. JSON, "Introdução ao JSON," 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.json.org/json-pt.html. [Accessed 01 02 2020].
. D. Y. Chan and M. A. Vasarhelyi, "Innovation and Practice of Continuos Auditing: Theory and Application - DOI 10.1108/978-1-78743-413-420181013 ·," in Continuous Auditin, 2018, pp. 271-283.
. Codesso. Mauricio M, Paulo. Caetano da Silva, M. A. Vasarhelyi and R. J. Lunkes, "Continuous audit model: data integration framework - https://doi.org/10.5007/2175-8069.2018v15n34p144," Revista Contemporânea de Contabilidade / ISSN 2175-8069, vol. 34, no. 15, 2018.
. M. Vasarhely, M. Alles and K. Williams, "Continuous assurance for the now," Australia: Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia - Sidney, 2010.
. S. Flowerday, A. Blundell and R. Von Solms, "Continuous auditing technologies and models: A discussion. Computer & Security.," 5 ed., vol. 25, 2006, pp. 325-331.
. MÍKVA, MIROSLAVA; PRAJOVÁ, VANESSA; YAKIMOVICH, BORIS; KORSHUNOV, ALEXANDER. (2016); TYURIN, I. STANDARDIZATION – ONE OF THE TOOLS OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING AND MATERIALS ICMEM 2016. PROCEDIA ENGINEERING. VOL. 149, P 329-332. 2016.
Copyright (c) 2021 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.