Quantitative Design Analysis of an Electric Scissor Lift
AbstractIn the industry, as a lifting system, the electrical scissor lift system is commonly used. this system is mainly preferred to do Load lifting and lowering activities, cleaning services, and maintenance-repair activities. In this paper, quantitative design analysis of several principal components of an electric scissor lift will be undertaken. A brushless dc geared-motor will be used to drive the rear wheels of the vehicle within an industrial area with front-wheel steering. The scissor lift will be operated via a motor-ballscrew arrangement. A systematic and detailed evaluation of the design will be carried out with paying particular attention to several aspects such as actuator selection for wheel drive unit and lift motion, quantitative design of the wheel drive gearbox, gearbox bearing selection, qualitative design of scissor lift and ballscrew unit selection, stress analysis of scissor pin joints and ballscrew connections, and vehicle power requirements and the motor control.
Cengiz Görkem Dengiz , Mahmut Can Şenel , Kemal Yıldızlı , Erdem Koç . "Design and Analysis of Scissor Lifting System by Using Finite Elements Method." Universal Journal of Materials Science 6.2 (2018) 58 - 63. doi: 10.13189/ujms.2018.060202.
T. Hongyou, Z. Ziyi. Design and simulation based on Pro/E for a hydraulic lift platform in scissors type, Procedia Engineering, Vol.16, pp.772-781, 2011.
M.C. Şenel, Ş. Üstün. The Design of Scissor Lifting System, Gazi University, Faculty of Engineering Mechanical Engineering Department, Graduation Thesis, 2009.
Y. Aksungur, M.Y. Nayir, E. Güneş. Senior design project: design and analysis of an aerial working platform, TOBB ETÜ, Ankara, 2012.
British Gear Association. “BGA handbook. Internet: https://bga.org.uk/publications/, Feb. 1, 2015 [April. 20, 2015].
Loewenthal S.H, ‘Design of Power Transmitting Shafts’, NASA Reference Publication 1123, 1984.
SKF. “SKF bearing selection tools. Internet: https://www.skf.com/mena/knowledge-centre/engineering-tools/skfbearingselect.html/, May. 1, 2015 [May. 10, 2015].
M. Kiran Kumar, J. Chandrasheker, Mahipal Manda, D.Vijay Kumar. Design & Analysis of Hydraulic Scissor Lift, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Vol.3, Issue 6 pp.1647-1653, 2016.
Copyright (c) 2019 American Scientific Research Journal for Engineering, Technology, and Sciences (ASRJETS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.