5G Emerging Technology and Affected Industries: Quick Survey
AbstractThe fifth generation of cellular mobile communication called 5G will be publicly available in the near future to connect more than 8.4 billion devices. 5G has been designed to improve the network capacity and speed significantly. Various providers and Android cell phone producers have contributed to this huge project and have successfully tested their networks and devices. Additionally, 5G is a revolutionizing technology in which smart devices, including Android phones, are capable of utilizing artificial intelligence software applications. In addition, other emerging technologies, including autonomous driving that rely highly on network communications, will be positively affected. The business aspect of 5G is also promising, as were the business aspects of the previous generations. 5G will be financially beneficial, as step by step, users will update their devices, or they will have to purchase a device that is compatible to 5G, which will produce a high financial turnover for the telecom companies. This review briefly addresses the technical background and 5G key technologies. In the second section, the cutting-edge development and state-of-the-art 5G related technologies will be discussed.
Mitra, R.N. and D.P.J.I.E. Agrawal, 5G mobile technology: A survey. 2015. 1(3): p. 132-137.
Prasad, R., 5G: 2020 and Beyond. 2014: River Publishers.
LeBeane, M., et al. Extended task queuing: Active messages for heterogeneous systems. in Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis. 2016. IEEE Press.
Gupta, A. and R.K.J.I.a. Jha, A survey of 5G network: Architecture and emerging technologies. 2015. 3: p. 1206-1232.
Alsharif, M.H. and R.J.T.S. Nordin, Evolution towards fifth generation (5G) wireless networks: Current trends and challenges in the deployment of millimetre wave, massive MIMO, and small cells. 2017. 64(4): p. 617-637.
5G PPP Architecture Working Group %J White Paper, J., View on 5G architecture. 2016.
Alkhansa, R., H. Artail, and D.M.J.P.C.S. Gutierrez-Estevez, LTE-WiFi carrier aggregation for future 5G systems: A feasibility study and research challenges. 2014. 34: p. 133-140.
Kumar, A. and M.J.A.E.J. Gupta, A review on activities of fifth generation mobile communication system. 2017.
Haykin, S.J.I.j.o.s.a.i.c., Cognitive radio: brain-empowered wireless communications. 2005. 23(2): p. 201-220.
Sasipriya, S. and R. Vigneshram. An overview of cognitive radio in 5G wireless communications. in Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC), 2016 IEEE International Conference on. 2016. IEEE.
Sharief, A. and M.S.S. Ram, Performance Enhancement of MIMO-W-OFDM System Using Equalizers Based ICI Cancellation for 5G Wireless Networks. 2018.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.