Possible Solutions to the Challenges of Irrigation Water Pricing for Saedawgyi Irrigated Area
AbstractThis paper focuses on the possible solutions to the challenges of irrigation water pricing for Saedawgyi irrigated area in Mandalay Region. The current irrigation water pricing of Mandalay Region is necessary to reform as they could not cover the operation and maintenance cost of the supply system. For reforming irrigation water pricing, the challenges of irrigation water pricing for Saedawgyi irrigated area are identified as six major challenges based on previous study. Questionnaire survey is done to 307 farmers from Saedawgyi irrigated area for canal irrigation system to know the willingness to pay (WTP) of local farmers and price elasticity of irrigation water demand is evaluated by using mid-point formula. To solve the challenges of less maintenance and damaging of Infrastructure, proper training to local farmers and capacity building of the staff is essential for effective maintenance of the irrigation water supply system because the lack of professionals and staff training leads to deteriorate infrastructure. The possible solutions for remaining four challenges are proposed by studying the secondary academic sources such as papers, journals, and books. In this paper, six possible solutions are proposed for the challenges of irrigation water pricing in Saedawgyi irrigated area.
Agriculture Water Pricing: Eu and Maxico
Jinxia Wang and Jikun Huang; Irrigation Water Policy in China
Questionnaire survey form from the project for the Farmers' Willingness to pay for improved irrigation in Tugela Ferry, KwaZulu Natal Province guided by the University of KWAZULU- NATAL (UKZN), South Africa.
Report on Sedawgyi Multipurpose Dam and Irrigation Systems; Irrigation and Water Utilization Management Department, Mandalay Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation)
Report of Water Resources assessment of the dry zone Myanmar
Report on Irrigation Development and Management, (Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation)
Yongsong Liao, Ziyun Bao: China's Water Pricing Reforms for Irrigation; Effectiveness and Impact
Zaw Lwin Tun; Irrigation and Water Utilisation Management Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation, Myanmar
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.