Comparison of Operational Cost between Deep Tubewell Irrigation and Borewell Irrigation System in Parasan, Kanchanpur District, Nepal
AbstractThe study was conducted in order to know the cost operation analysis between deep tube well irrigation system and former bore well irrigation system during the period of 2016-2018 in Prasasn, Punarbash Municipality, Kanchnapur, Nepal. Questionnaire survey and field verification of Punarbash area were conducted and the crops like Oryza sativa (Paddy), Saccharum officinarum (Sugar cane), Brassica nigra (Mustard), Triticum aestivum (Wheat) were chosen for the analysis with reference to water requirement per hour. It was found that the lowest pumping hours for one hector was through deep tube well irrigation system with oryza sativa (13 hrs), Saccharum officinarum (39 hrs), Brassica nigra (6.5 hrs), Triticum aestivum (26 hrs). The study concluded that deep tube well irrigation was almost three fold economical than the bore well irrigation to operate where bore well irrigation is a primary source of water for irrigating crops.
. Shrestha, S. and Dahal, K.R. “Assessment of Economic Viability of Different Irrigation Method. A case study of Chaar-ghare area, Lalitpur”, ISOR-JMCE, vol.12, pp.59-65, Jul-Aug 2015
. Robinson, D.W. Construction and operating costs of groundwater pumps for irrigation in the riverine plane. Cisro land and water. 2002
. Sonou, M. Low-cost shallow tubewell construction in West Africa,.FAO. 1997.
. Miah, M.T.H. and Hardakar, J.B. “Benefit cost analysis of Deep and shallow tubewell projects in Tangail District in Bangladesh”. Bangladesh J. Agri. Econ., Vol XI, pp1-29, 1988
. Mal. B.C. and Mishra, A.P. “Low cost tubewells for developing countries”. International Journal for Development Technology. Vol. 4, pp.197-203, 1986
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.